Question About Meditation

Discussion in 'Yoga and Meditation' started by neonspectraltoast, Feb 5, 2015.

1. I try to rid myself of erroneous thought processes as often as possible...I'm sort of meditating constantly. I'm no expert, though, and sometimes I'll be sitting there in a pleasant mood, usually it's when my legs are crossed, and I'll start rocking ever-so-slightly forward and backwards. Not like crazy rocking to soothe myself...I'm not thinking anything and it just happens. I'm curious if anybody knows what this phenomena is. I theorize its some kind of altered state of brain wavelengths, but I'm not sure.

2. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

rocking can be much of anything - but probably has as much to do with ones blood pressure and respiration - rocking often allows one to sublimate physical sensations so it feels like relaxation or safety - our bodies give off as much sensation as we get from the outside and so often we don't want to feel our heart beating and our blood pulsing and rocking helps synch various systems and sublimate the feeling

also one shouldn't push thoughts out of their minds - it's your mind and you should care about all parts of your psyche - the finest meditation systems have never taught this pushing thoughts out of the mind - by the finest systems i am speaking of the tantric systems of sri vidya and dzogchen

1 person likes this.
  3. beyondtheastral

beyondtheastral Member

[SIZE=medium]You could be rocking subconsciously or you could it could be energy movement -in simple terms drawing energy in through chakras and discharging them. Many years ago I used a mantra designed to raise Kundalini, I would soon start to feel a rocking sensation as the energy moved, in fact it was so powerful that somebody else meditating in the same room(on Light and Sound not Kundalini) was being effected in a similar way.[/SIZE]

4. Mr Smith

Mr Smith Newbie

The mind will do anything to stop you bringing it to a place of stillness, if the body is moving then the mind is not still. You must confront and transformed this behaviour.