What Do You Dream Of?

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by Terrapin2190, Jan 31, 2015.

1. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I used to work at a manufacturing plant north of Boston and I left to pursue a better opportunity elsewhere.

In my most recent dream I find myself wandering around in the same plant at night only everything is different, - it's weird

2. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I was thinking about this the other day: most of my dreams are actually borderline nightmares, or they at least revolve around anxiety-inducing scenarios.

For instance, I recently dreamed that I was wandering around in a post-apocalyptic world, rooting through some clothing and other goods at an abandoned army/navy surplus store. I remember being afraid to breathe too heavily, because there was something dangerous in the air. I heard something rustle in the darkness in back of the store, and I panicked and woke up.

Or the other night I dreamed that some ghost manifested as a human child and was aggressively trying to harm me. Eventually I was able to get rid of her, but it was quite the horror show. It woke me up and it took me a while to get back to sleep.

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Aside from the anxiety-inducing parts of it, your dreams sound kind of cool. It's like you could make some interesting dystopian story from your dreams.

Lately mine all seem based around real world situations with people I know and what not, usually not very pleasant either.

4. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Well, here we go again. Last night's dream was me standing in a loooong line outside, going up a hill...to somewhere. I don't know what was at the end of the line, but the line never moved in my dream, and I never get to where I needed to be. Ugh, I want new dreams! [​IMG]

5. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Okay, so last night ..the dream was having to do with a business meeting, and the women were really vivid. I don't know these women IRL, but the one had on a beige skirt, and short hair...kind of a cool looking top. They were instructing on how to open a bakery. And they were showing a power point presentation, and I didn't know anyone there.

The only tie in that I can think of is I went to that middle eastern market yesterday afternoon, and bought some bakery type desserts from there. lol I mean, seriously? That's how my brain processes things? Ugh.

1 person likes this.
  6. bluewatersurfer

bluewatersurfer Members

these types of dreams are somewhat foreshadowing in nature coupled with a hint of reality

1 person likes this.
  7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

no one you meet in a dream is a one to one match with anyone in this universe. some of us find this out the hard way in adolescence.

some of my dreams are just odd shapes and colors, because you know, i do make and sometimes animate that sort of thing on the computer in real life.

and sometimes, a lot of times i'm in a forest, i grew up mostly in one, and less often a city, but always these are like on vary alien worlds,
    and i seldom meet anyone in them unless i'm wanting to. i won't say there's anything that never happens in them.
    but just a very great deal more often then not, this is what they're like.

when people are talking outside it can screw up my dreams, so a lot of the time i go to sleep i have my earphones in and the random music from my computer is mostly without lyrics.