What Do You Dream Of?

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by Terrapin2190, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

I was just wanting some input on what others' dreams consist of. Partly to compare dreams of my own, and also just to hear some crazy stories that only exist in the mind. If you do care to share, be sure to add if it would be considered an out of body experience, lucid dreaming, etc. and if you daydream or achieve this through a form of meditation. I'm interested to see what others' have experienced!

2. Terrapin2190

I feel as though I've crossed some sort of threshold when it comes to dreaming in my sleep. I haven't delved much into the form of meditation, though I feel as though I meditate in everything I do. My mind is constantly whirring and conjuring ideas as I perform my daily tasks, but nothing to the point of hallucination. Nor have I been able to achieve that through dedicated meditation. Maybe once? But back to the threshold... When I do dream, it's usually in third person. I also embody what seems like someone else, as if I'm in an intricate and articulated scene in a movie. Very detailed and elaborate settings. So detailed, that sometimes when I wake up I grab a notebook and start writing down everything I'm able to remember. I mean, seriously, I think I could turn some of them into a novel or create a motion picture out of it. I'm willing to share a few stories I've written down if anyone's interested. I would share right now, but it's a lot to type out. I'll just wait and see how this thread turns out
    :)

3. Aranyani

Aranyani Members

Cool topic! I've always been very interested in my dreams (and dreams in particular) and very much enjoy discussing it. For a year or so i've been writing down my dreams, because its helping me remember them more and its also very helpful for my lucid dreaming. I've noticed that, weirdly (cause i'm such a happy person) a lot of my dreams have negative events/feelings. And some of them are plain creepy! Just in the past month i've dreamed a few bombardments, crazy people trying to kill me, zombies, and all sorts of scary/weird things that I can't even put into words. I also experience huge adrenalin rushes very often, like climbing an unrealistically high buildings/mountains, and the feeling as if i'll fall, or sometimes even falling, is so exciting. Very scary, but its such an adventure! Most of my dreams tho are very, very interesting and adventurous, especially when I succeed in lucid dreaming. I've also gotten a lot better in interpreting them, which is pretty cool.
    Something i've always wondered is what are dreams, really. Like... are they just plain imagination? Or warnings? Or some sort of connection with parallel worlds? Or just for fun? Like, what amazes me the most if the fact (even tho some may argue about that) that we can experience things in dreams (and right now i'm only talking on a basic, physical level experiences) that we haven't experienced in real life, yet the feeling and experience is exactly the same, even sometimes stronger in the dream. So I wonder, how does our mind knows what something feels like, if we've never experienced it in our real life?

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I have a reoccurring dream of going through the rooms of a huge, old dusty house cluttered with books and various junk. The house is different in every dream.

1 person likes this.
  5. Last night I dreamt that there were four or five hot vampire chicks trying to sneak up on me and kill me. I heard them and turned around in time, and for some reason they couldn't kill me. I told them they could but they had to let me make out with them first. It was a nice dream.

1 person likes this.
  6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i think i've dreamed about everything at least once.

so i guess technically, every dream i have from this point on would be a recurring dream.

7. Terrapin2190

I actually had a dream not too long ago, where I was with a friend of mine at a gas station. We had driven some guy we met on the street to the gas station as well, which was a strange idea that seemed to fluctuate throughout the dream, as if he was there at some points, but not at other points. He would just "disappear from my mind" at certain points, like I wouldforget about him, as if he was never in the dream to begin with! But then he was back and it felt like he was there the whole time. I'm not sure if I can word it
    to where it makes sense lol, but I'll continue with the story here...

So, we got to the gas station. I went in, got a few things and we went back to the car. The guy we drove there was still in the car and asked us if he could have some money. My friend was like "No, I'm kind of strapped for cash right now." So the guy said, "Alright, well you can drop me off here." So he got out and started heading over to another car, but then turned around and started coming back. Then he just started beating on the window of my friends car (which I was driving for some reason. Forgot to mention that.) and cursing us out, trying to break the windows and rob us I'm assuming. So my buddy yelled at me "Come on dude! We gotta go! Get us out of here!!" When I reached in my pocket for the keys, they weren't there and I told him I must have left them inside. That's when I woke up.

I told him about the dream a few hours later and he asked what happened after the guy started beating on the window of the car. So I texted him back and told him about how the keys were missing. He didn't text me back until a few hours later and said "Man! I wish I would have read this earlier! I just lost my keys at the gym." So, needless to say, I believe it was some sort of warning. But it's SO STRANGE that it wasn't a warning for me, as it was my dream! Maybe dreaming can be a sort of extra-sensory perception?

Another theory I have is that when we're awake here, perhaps we're dreaming somewhere else. When we dream, we could be living a completely different life entirely in another dimension and only recieve fragments of what our minds can percieve or choose to remember. Trip on that! haha

1 person likes this.
  8. Terrapin2190

My friend always tells me how he has dreams of things like being a sea turtle, flying through the air, simple happy dreams and it's just completely bewildering to me, seeing as I have these elaborate movie sequence type of dreams. Someone told me it's considered lucid dreaming, but I'm not sure.

If anyone is knowledgable enough and feels up to it, could you post different types of dreams (ex lucid dreaming, oobe, astral projection) just a simple explanation of how they differ?

9. volunteer_tommy

volunteer_tommy Elongated Member

http://youtu.be/6aMD6oarTWA

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I rarely dream of myself, I dream about being others and living their life. They're not always nice people, I've had some horrible experiences, criminal.. Downright psychopathic and done things I'd never tell anybody about in my dreams and sleep time adventures. I've been doing this all of my life though. On the rare occasions I dream of myself they're usually fun dreams and I'm also followed by a lady in black who I feel the utmost compassion towards. I've never really met her, she watches from a distance, perhaps she is a warning. I remember getting close to her once, she was not audible while speaking I awoke feeling in love, that puppy love emotion. I'm not fearful of her at all. She's just peculiar to me.

11. Terrapin2190

That sounds a lot like how I dream, Irmin. I usually dream of intriguing science fiction scenarios or people in poverty... the ocassional adventurous criminal activity, like being with an Italian rebel group on an airport runway? That was a strange dream. The danger seemed so real though. I wrote down a science fiction dream sequence the other night that I'm thinking of turning into a novel or basic scenario for a video game. I could make some money on it I bet!

12. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

The "house" is the psyche when delving into reoccurring house dreams.

13. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

being able to fly

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I used to dream of fantastic adventures and like a sci fi fantasy novel but then they got very personal. Sometimes it's so real that it's like my soul is just out wandering when my body sleeps and it takes a ride with somebody else. Most my dreams make no sense in the sense of what I'm dreaming, like when I am dreaming about another or being another, there's no real ambitious goals it's just every day living. Like shopping or something. But then there's the nasty characters too. I don't know lol.

Wouldn't mind a fantasy dream again though. I had a two horned unicorn named Greycliffe once upon a time, and he came to me in several dreams and could ride upon rainbows and travel the world. We were the best. :)

15. volunteer_tommy

volunteer_tommy Elongated Member

I used to have nightmares about my family and friends dying or betraying me. Then the nightmares started getting worse. I had to kill people to survive. Then I had one nightmare after Sandy Hook... I walked into a mall and shot 17 children, then there was a 5 hour police chase that lasted into the early morning. I can't remember the very end, whether I died or not. I remember all the emotions, though. I know why Adam Lanza did what he did, why the police had such difficulty finding a motive. I don't know how to explain it, though. It's something you have to experience, and I sincerely hope no one does. I could go in detail but it's not something I like to talk about.

Anyway, after that, the nightmares stopped. I'm not dangerous because of them but they have taken their toll. Now I dream of fantasy type adventures similar to the books I read and the movies I watch, if I dream at all. Needless to say I like those a lot better, no matter the urgency of whatever quest my mind has dreamed up. Sometimes I dream about music. Those are my favorite. I got a lesson from Duane Allman once in my dreams. It's funny... he has had a big impact on my playing

16. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I have this recurring dream where I’m floating in the clouds, I’m at absolute peace. Then I suddenly realize I’m being held-up by a pair of wings (my wings) – then I wakeup

The dream is so vivid it’s as real as "real life"

I'm not religious and I'm certainly no angel but when I experience the dream it's the next best thing.

Hotwater

1 person likes this.
  17. Aranyani

Aranyani Members

Same. I also once dreamed of being with a friend and telling them about what happened in a dream I previously had.

18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

at gunpoint?

19. meridianwest

meridianwest Senior Member

seemingly random unassociated events/subjects. sometimes the subject matter or development is downright bizarre, or otherworldly. those are the most interesting ones, because there's still their own ''logic'' to them, but it isn't anything i could come up with while awake. some of them would make really good plots for a movie. sometimes the first person point of view is not me, and sometimes i see myself in a third person (anonymous) point of view. bizarre.

20. Terrapin2190

A lot of times, I have dreams that are sort of like what's portrayed in the movie Inception. They've very maliable? To where I'll be in one particularly distinguished setting in the beginning of a dream, but settings and events will keep changing. As if my mind subconsciously realizes that the 'reality' isn't correct. Drastic changes in the environment, that I, myself, don't notice until I wake up. Like I'll be in a house and exit a room, but when I enter the room again it will be different (sometimes the entire house will be different), but my mind doesn't recognize that anything has changed (most of the time).

21. Terrapin2190

I woke up from a very enlightening dream this morning. I barely remember any of it though! I was sitting at my computer watching the beginning of the Today show on TV and I remember seeing a guy in an airplane getting ready to skydive down to a designated area. He said "Are you ready?!" and music started playing as he jumped. It started out sounding like techno, then turned into airy rhythmic guitar... a sad, meaningful song, sort of like "Man on the Moon" except with a different melody and different lyrics. I resumed using the computer for a while, listening to the song, going through extreme emotions whilst listening.

After a while I think I went through a few different setting changes but I still felt busy as the song continued and I continued listening intently. Then I resumed watching the TV and the man was on a stage performing a concert (that seemed to have gone on for quite a while). The song had changed once, maybe twice? Then, all I could remember was hearing a partially-repeated phrase along the lines of "I'm too busy being dad - to be there wheeen---" (The first line was the one that kept changing, but 'to be there when' kept repeating a few times). I just remember listening to this music and constantly going through extreme emotions, thinking 'Man, I've got to figure out who this is! I really like this music!'

(I don't have any kids by the way. Or at least no one told me I do!)

When I woke up I realized I had slept through all my pre-set alarms except for the one at 8:30, posibly signifying where the melody had come from. My brain was interpreting and twisting the sounds it was hearing and twisting them into beautiful music and I guess a scene as well to go with it!

I've had music playing in my dream twice before that I can remember. Once might have been from my alarm(s) going off and I was able to remember it (for the most part lol), it was a rather simple melody and I woke up, played it on guitar and wrote down the chords and lyrics to go with it (though there were no lyrics in the dream. I made those up myself). The other time, haha I was cruising in a car or a jeep maybe? And I heard two songs come on the radio. The second song that came on was an old song by Beck (you know, the one they play on the radio all the time?). When I came to, I heard the radio was on and they announced the song by Beck had just played as I was waking up lol. I had an old clock radio and it was set to play the radio as my alarm.

Funny how the old think tank works when it's in 'suspend' mode :D

22. Jokercard147

Jokercard147 Guest

I know how it is to feel something completely new in a dream. I'm a teenager and still a virgin, but when I was around 14 I dreamt about having sex with a woman in a toilet, the type that has only one toilet bowl. She stopped before I was even able to finish and left, when i followed her I found myself in a gas station and she had vanished. I can tell that the feeling I got was unknown by me until then, but still it felt so real. I really felt it. I woke up to one of the hardest boners I've ever had.

Plus a few months ago I had a voice in my head. I don't know if this counts as a dream, but I heard the voice of someone old, wise kinda like Morgan Freeman's voice. It told me only one phrase: "The world is nor responsible for you, you are responsible for the world". It was just before I woke up, and when I did I felt completly different from before it happened. It's like if I had grown up a little in a few seconds.