Some Beer Produce Different Quality/intensity Of Drunkeness

Discussion in 'Potent Potables' started by AceK, Jan 24, 2015.

1. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

some beer seems to get me buzzed/drunk far faster than other beer. at first i would think that it's all in my head, because the alcohol percentages are not that different but i have noticed many times that certain beers seem to get me drunk a lot easeir than others, as well as having a different feel.

for example, right now i am drinking Fat Tire. every time i drink fat tire i notice this, though on the label it lists it as only 5.2% alcohol. i've noticed that this and other beers that have more of a full body and full spectrum of flavor can be this way. it seems to take less beers before i notice i am inebriated as well as the buzz having a bit different feel. i feel more warmness in my body. i don't think that it's all in my head. also these beers tend to be less forgiving if you drink too many, with more pronounced headache the next day.

i have heard of something called "congeners" which are chemical compounds in beer and wine other than ethanol that can also produce toxic effects. could this be the reason that if "feels different"?

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Beer seems to be the fastest drink that'll get to my head. It always feels as though it dehydrates me quite fast and that is the buzz I feel. Usually after about 2-3 beers I feel my tongue all dry and yuck and I move on to spirits. Sometimes I'll continue but will have some water to feel not so dehydrated.

3. AceK

yeah, it makes u piss out more liquid than ur taking in which is part of what can make you get a hangover but spirits make me piss a lot too, not quite as much because your not drinking as much but mixed drinks make me piss just as much as beer i think.

i really think the feeling is different, especially between beer and spirits, but especially if i have something i'm not used to sometimes i can feel a difference. i don't think it's all in my head but some of it probably is.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

I finished a case $35.00 of Sam Adams Escape Route in 2 days. 5%APV The beer hardly even gets you drunk unless you pound them and even so its going to be a little difficult to do. Take a nap for an hour and wake up drink some more..

Now Ive some heavier beers I love like..

Dead Guy Ales Rouges case$53.00 and those are 6.7%APV take a 6pack of that to get me tilted ..

Troegenator Double Bock 8.2%APV. case $35.00 I cant even get to a 6pack , by the 4th one, Im a done.. by the 6th one, Im probably going be crabby and miserable keeping up..

Troegenator and Dead Guy I can drink warm without issue getting them down, Sam Adams warm went in the toilet..

Whats better spent a beer that like soda pop, or a beer that gets you buzzed for your money? Going with a malt liquor 13%APV is just being stupid , I dont care if that shit come out the faucet for free, I wouldnt bother with it..

The most damaging thing for me asides BENZOS to use when drinking is Tobacco,, smoking makes me so dizzy, like hit in the head with hammer dizzy, cant shake it off dizzy...

I eat food and drink water.

5. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Fusel alcohols. They account for a lot of different tastes, most of them considered "off" but some do contribute to the buzz and possibly the subsequent hangover. Theres some controversy as to the latter though.

{wiki}
    The compounds involved are chiefly:
    • 2-methyl-1-butanol - sometimes called "active" amyl alcohol
    • isoamyl alcohol - also known as isopentyl alcohol
    • isobutyl alcohol - one of the least toxic of the butanols.
    • n-propyl alcohol

6. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Idk if beer affects what type of buzz I'll have but I know when I drink liquor I get a bit more wild

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

when I drink darker full bodied beers I usually have a good buzz after 2 or 3 beers whereas American style lagers usually take 4 beers to really start feeling tipsy.

8. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

4 beers? Oh-oh someone has a tolerance! ♪
    (-;

9. r0llinstoned

I'm about to pop open a 40 ounce miller high life. I'll post the results later

10. AceK

I've always noticed that a 40 seems to get me more buzzed than drinking 4 beers (if it's the same brand). I think this is really all placebo effect since it's the same beer.

can the % ABV of beers vary, if it says 5.2% ABV could it vary where one batch might be a little more sometimes?

11. r0llinstoned

lol i ended up playing video games on xbox live with some 16 year old kid