Random Facts Not About You

Discussion in 'Games and Contests' started by Joshua Tree, Jan 21, 2015.

1. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

On this day in 1976, George Harrison was found guilty of 'subconscious plagiarism' of the Ronnie Mack song 'He's So Fine' when writing 'My Sweet Lord'. Earnings from the song were awarded to Mack's estate.

2. Poplo.

Poplo. Members

huh..............say that again.!

3. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Some complain about their mother-in-law, but there are 400lbs of ants on earth for every human being alive.

4. WOLF ANGEL

Nobody really knows what happened to Romes' elite 9th legion ..... except perhaps the Celts

5. wooleeheron

Nobody really cares anymore what happened to Rome's elite 9th legion... except perhaps a few historians.

6. WOLF ANGEL

I know a few Celts who'd beg to differ - :)

7. wooleeheron

They're all historians, living in the past. ;)

8. WOLF ANGEL

Beyond the Wall(/s) is a totally different land

9. wooleeheron

Plato suggested cavemen need to expand their horizons, and join the modern world, with the result that the number of self-contained bomb shelters has more than doubled in the last decade. Wall Street is investigating for a possible Ponzi scheme, but the latest research indicates the population of secular countries is imploding, and religious ones are exploding, and beyond the walls is "No Man's Land".

10. WOLF ANGEL

Plato also said
    [​IMG] Hence the Scottish Rebellion

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  11. wooleeheron

Hence, the Scottish wear skirts, so nobody can tell them apart.

12. WOLF ANGEL

Kilts,
    [​IMG]

Scottishdk likes this.
  13. WOLF ANGEL

are Not Skirts
    upload_2021-7-29_23-19-28.jpeg . . . . [​IMG]

Scottishdk likes this.
  14. Scottishdk

Scottishdk Senior Member

Keeping forum educated as always woolfy.
    Good man.

WOLF ANGEL likes this.
  15. WOLF ANGEL

[​IMG]

Kilt vs Skirt

A kilt and skirt have distinctive qualities and characteristics of their own.
    The skirt is a general term for a garment or clothing that is suspended or banded at the waist and covers the lower portion and parts of the body. The body parts often covered by a skirt are the legs and the thighs.
    SKIRT:
    A skirt has a band at the waist while additional fabric comprises the actual skirt. The skirt can have a variety of lengths that stop at a hemline depending on what is fashionable or traditional. The band at the waist is snugly fitted, and the accompanying fabric can be fuller or flared out from the band. The hemline, which is the bottom part of the skirt, can be of various lengths depending on the environment, occasion, fashion, and personal taste.

KILT:
    In comparison, a kilt is a specially designed dress. It is associated with Gaelic and Scottish culture. It is one of the few skirts worn by men. The kilt is characterized as a wraparound skirt made of twill weave and tartan wool. The tartan (or plaid) pattern, in Scottish culture, contain the particular colors of a particular clan or region. In this form, it also serves as an identifying tool for members of clans.

The kilt is a pleated skirt with flat edges. The pleats can be box pleats or knife pleats. It is often knee-length. In addition, the kilt is secured by a buckle or a kilt pin. Used as formal, military, and everyday wear, the kilt it also a cultural dress. It is also worn to signify tradition, nationality, heritage, and pride.

The kilt has other accessories which include the kilt belt, the sporran, and the kilt hose.

Summary:
    1.Both a kilt and a skirt are comfortable garments designed for covering the lower parts and portions of the body. Both garments have the same parts; the waistband, the extended length of cloth, and the hemline.

2.“Skirt” is an umbrella term for any garment covering the lower regions while “kilt” is a specific term. Both kilts and skirts can be worn by men and women young and old. There is an expectation that most kilts are worn by men rather than by women.

3.Skirts have various materials, designs, and styles depending on personal taste and fashion. The kilt, on the other hand, is a specific style and uses a specific material. It is made of woven wool and is pleated except for the sides. It also embodies a particular culture, heritage, and national identity (in this case Gaelic culture). The tartan pattern is also used as a tool to recognize a particular clan due to the unique patterns and colors adopted by a clan.

Read more: Difference Between Kilt and Skirt | Difference Between Difference Between Kilt and Skirt | Difference Between

Scottishdk likes this.
  16. wooleeheron

Words only have demonstrable meaning according to their function in specific contexts, and contextual vagueness determines the identity of any explicit content. Meaning, a kilt is just another type of skirt as far as 99% of the world is concerned.

17. WOLF ANGEL

,,, though the opinion of many, does not mean that they are right

18. wooleeheron

My opinions are my own, in my opinion and, if I'm not right, I'll have another talk with myself.

WOLF ANGEL likes this.
  19. WOLF ANGEL

I agree, one is right to stand up for one's opine, it was ...
    that I felt/feel is questionable

20. wooleeheron

What's a question?