Party Of The Century Scheduled For This Summer

Discussion in 'Grateful Dead and Phish' started by Michael Phelps, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

I was thinking we were out because of the ticket price but I had a feeling the prices would come down. I still have my hotel reservations within walking distance and we still might go if prices get a little cheaper. I'm not going to cancel our hotel reservations until the last minute. I'm kind of debating it with my wife right now...but we each have our own funds so I'll spend mine as I please.

2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

I scored tix for Levi's Stadium partially obstructed view, for less than $60 each. For both days. And I did it last week. Many still up.
    My view will be US, the fans. It's all good.

3. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

4. Michael Phelps

Michael Phelps Am I being detained?

Pretty cool streaming options in this day and age.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6fc_Cxe0dE

1 person likes this.
  5. deleted

deleted Visitor

6. drumminmama

There was a tiny, tiny amount of sprinkling at sunset, when the rainbow appeared.

The light crew did a beautiful job mimicking the sky colors at the end of first set, btw.
    Gorgeous.

7. Wizardofodd

As it turned out, we cancelled our hotel reservations and were just planning on watching at home since we didn't get tickets. During the show last night we decided we had to be there for Sunday at least. We scored a couple of tickets with un-obscured views and we were even able to get a room at the hotel we originally booked...withing walking distance! So we'll watch tonight's show at home and be in Chicago tomorrow night.

Side note....back in 1995 I had this guy airbrush me a shirt with a big Steal Your Face on it with a mushroom and some other stuff in the middle of it. I think I gave him $20 and half an ounce of pot for it. I happened to be wearing that shirt at Jerry's last show. I also happen to still have that shirt so I think I'll wear it Sunday just for the hell of it. Why not?

Also....I'm kind of chuckling about all the people who said Trey was going to ruin it. Trey is doing just fine.

8. drumminmama

I wondered at the inclusion of Trey.
    What I saw in Santa Clara, and on the feed from Chicago tonight, was a mature, steady lead guitarist with the balance of confidence and humility to do what needs doing without being a limelight hogging ass.
    Standing on the Moon was stellar. (Ha)

As much as I wanted to see Kimock or Karan in the spot, Trey stepped up and proved his credentials to be there.
    He's not trying to be Jerry, but he's honoring Jerry.

Jeff Chimenti and Bruce Hornsby are bringing back some ghosts, too.

9. drumminmama

And so it Ends as it began, with a dream.

I guess I have to get a real job now, eh?

As with last night, I went to a (different) local theater for the simulcast.
    This theater had more people acting like it was a show, and not a PBS documentary.
    Dancing, singing, clapping. I wonder what the people in the adjoining theaters thought of the NFA clap?

10. Wizardofodd

Well, that was awesome!

11. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Saw a pick the other day, a friend of mine was nearly front row at one of the shows...700$ tickets....you gotta be fuckin' kidding me.

12. drumminmama

I suspect some of those heads have been saving up tour money since 1995. $700 might seem like a drop in a bucket, no?

Plus my buddy managed to move $300 in stickers at Santa Clara, and he was making deals right and left. He just wanted to pay me back for the tickets, and have some fun and spread some love.
    Had he gone to Chicago, he could have netted another $400, easily.

13. Wizardofodd

I really didn't get to check out the Shakedown scene. I wish we could have but we didn't have the time for it. We didn't even get to our hotel until a little after 5 pm. The hotel was on Michigan Ave...north of the venue just a bit. We took a few beers with us, stopped to wait in line for food, made it around to the south end of the venue and then we jumped in line (more like....crowd) to get in. That took forever. We got to our seats just before the band walked on stage.

We were in the 5th row behind the floor and just about the center of the stage. Pretty damn good seats for waiting until Saturday to get tickets.

There were a few people selling stuff here and there on the way back but most of the shirts they were selling were not very good at all. I bought one kind of cool shirt for my son. I bet there was all kinds of great stuff on the lot though. We probably could have checked it out after the show but the crowd was massive and we were already heading north. By the time we finally got some elbow room....there was no way I was walking back through that crowd to get to the lot.

But I'm not going to complain about that. I was just glad to get to be there.