Party Of The Century Scheduled For This Summer

Discussion in 'Grateful Dead and Phish' started by Michael Phelps, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Michael Phelps

Michael Phelps Am I being detained?

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

Shame on Bob, Phil, Mickey, and Bill.. They should make a full tour visiting other states during Jerrys last year. For fucks sakes June 30th 1995 was Three Rivers. Tell me that if Jerry died after this show they would be a 3 day show in Pittsburgh??? I think not..

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

A full tour would be nice but they are in their 70's and I understand. The shit show the lots will be in Chicago will be beyond anything seen before. And that is coming from a band known to have a huge party going on in the lots. But those people partied knowing they could get in the next night, there is no more next night. Everyone needs to be at these shows.

I am a bit surprised at Trey being chosen to fill Jerry's spot considering how much some older heads HATE Phish. For me it's cool since I am a fan of both bands. But to be fair no one will be Jerry and no one but Jerry would really make them happy.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTBZuulCoPo

1 person likes this.
  5. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

I have hotel reservations within walking distance...luckily. Still waiting on mail order just like everyone else though. We thought we made a cool envelope but then I saw some of the really nice ones that made ours look like a 2nd grader did it.

I don't have a problem with Trey playing. I don't even know how many Phish and GD shows I've been to but Trey knows who he's on stage with and I don't think he will sound like he usually does with Phish. As far as the older heads hating Phish....some do but it's silly imo. They have no reason whatsoever to hate Phish.

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

7. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

A story about a Phish hating older deadhead.....I don't remember where we were...maybe Alpine Valley or Deer Creek....but we went to a local grocery store to stock up before hitting the lot for that nights Phish show. I was in a great mood and I happened to see an older guy in the parking lot as I was walking back to my car. He had a dead shirt on (I think I did too) and looked like he was heading to the lot (based on whatever it was he was carrying). As I passed him I said something like "Getting ready for the show tonight?" The guy nearly took my head of with "I DON"T FUCKING LISTEN TO PHISH!" I was kind of shocked and just looked at him like....wow, man. I didn't say anything. I just walked away. After a few seconds, he came up behind me and said "Man, I'm sorry. You didn't do anything to deserve that. I'm just having a bad day. Hey...you have a great show tonight!" I was actually kind of relieved because I was disappointed that one of our own would be a prick like that over a simple misjudgment. He looked just like everyone else pre-show....getting ready.

8. Brad Scott

Brad Scott Members

Is Three Rivers that crazy venue with the "SKY" light.?? They were almost banned from playing there in 84 or 85 because of a 1000 grunge happy Dead Heads(?) turning the hallways into a mosh pit!! I know thats not the point--just remember the shut storm followed that show.

9. Brad Scott

Brad Scott Members

There was a 16 minute +or - long version of Phish with Phil Lesh and Neil Young doing "Cow Girl In the Sand" on Youtube. I haven't been able to find it came back to civilization this year. If anyone remembers, has a download copy, or knows how I might be able to track it down I'd really like to get a good close look at it. I've seen Neil Young do that song quite a few times, but never seen Phil or Neil or any of those guys in Phish have so much fun and be so in-sync before or since.~~~I hope that made sense to someone.

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

no, your thinking of Civic Arena 89, mayor Masloff declared the Dead-enders would never return to Pittsburgh .. But in 1990 The Grateful Dead made it to 3Rivers Stadium which is now gone and PNC/Heinz fields take it place. The Dead then come to the Star Lake amphitheater for a round of shows and then back to 3 Rivers before Jerry passed..

11. Brad Scott

Brad Scott Members

I'm glad someone said this. I was thinking it since I saw them at the Horton Feild House in Normal Illinois in the late 70s. I probably saw more shows than is legal because I figured each one would be the last. If I'd known that for certain I may have never have bothered. And I wouldn't have liked that since it changed the entire rest of my life well beyond the Dead.

12. Brad Scott

Brad Scott Members

I'm sure your right but the show I was at had to be 84 or 85 last show of the tour in Pittsburgh--or the East Coast part--this was a problem with management of the venue (not the city) and I only remember the Roof could open up--and a friends sister who worked at the office in San Rafael said they had arranged to open the "sky light" but because of random violence in the hallways--much of it instigated by some close friends from Seattle, it never happened. I believe it saved the band $70,000 but almost cost them the ability to play there again. Not that anyone would have cared. The band was used to being banned from places, and everyone liked The Stanley Theater better.--Must have been 83 or 84 because I never left the West coast after 84 and left the country around 87 so I missed what I hear were some of the best shows out of 2200 or so shows in 30 years. That number seems wrong but talked with Billy K. not long ago and I think thats how many shows he said he played with the Grateful Dead???

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

14. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Trey's an interesting choice, given that there's no sell the seats worry at all.
    The really curmudgeonly side of me is saying junkie for a junkie, but I know that's not fair.
    But they both had their demons.

I'm sort of surprised they didn't go with Kimock, too. At least for those nights.

My partner got Chi all three nights from GDTSTOO.
    We a trying to secure the local ones, too.

15. porkymac420

porkymac420 Members

luckily a good brother got me two for the 4th. i would love to see all the shows but scalperscum ruined that. but i will keep trying outside. hopefully i find a good soul who has a bunch for face value lol we'll see

16. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I would say people will just crash the shows but Soilder Field does not seem like a easy place to do that and I am sure there will be heavy police for crowd control and low hanging fruit drug busts. But I've heard plenty of stories of flimsy fences and old security guards that were no match for hundreds of dead heads rushing them

17. deleted

deleted Visitor

Homeland Security will catch them all on video and arrest them later.

18. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I caught a show in 2006 when Trey performed with Phil & Friends. He was incredibly good and I really enjoyed it.

By the way, my first show was April 2, 1973 in Boston Garden.

I'm planning to watch the Farewell on pay-per-view.

19. porkymac420

porkymac420 Members

ha nice every show ive listened to from the old garden were pretty much fire every show. 73 i can only imagine. lol seen phil play with trey a few times. page too! alot of my dead family are against phish i think its kind of funny. trey is going to do a great job.

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.