Legalize Movement In Ohio

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by Bud D, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Bud D

Bud D Member

1 person likes this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I'll let you know when this passes...

3. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

president obama has set a good precident by not enforcing the federal law on states choosing to legalize.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

wasnt just obama , follow the money,, cost more money to enforce than just leave it the fuck alone.

1 person likes this.
  5. Tyrsonswood

A LOT of money is made in Ohio keeping it illegal. Sheriffs, courts, prisons, etc. are just raking it in.

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

That may of been true some years ago. Now with the real legal states, Mexico is pushing harder drugs, agencies need to enforce hard drug laws over cannabis.

7. Tyrsonswood

Hardliners here still watch Reefer Madness every night.... Must be true.

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

movement is illegal in ohio? no wonder so many people are obese..

1 person likes this.
  9. Bud D

Bud D Member

There are something around 3 groups trying to place their bills on the ballot. One is a monopoly which is very similar to the link I posted. We don't want them to go anywhere, due to they don't allow grows. The link I posted allows private grows up to 99 plants and unlicensed sales up to $5800 a year

Anyone here registered to vote in Ohio? If so be informed cause it's a cluster fuck!

10. CleCub

CleCub Members

11. dangermoose

dangermoose Is a daddy

Ballotpedia.org has a farily comprehensive list of marijuana initiatives proposed for statewide voting in 2015 and 2016. Looks lke Ohio is the only one slated for 2015, which is too bad since socially progressive initiative have the best chance of passing in an election year (2016). Opinion polling is only available on some of the states initiatives, but every initiative that does have polling data shows marijuana legalization is in the lead, albeit by a small margin

The following marijuana legalization measure will be on the ballot:
    Marijuana legalization advocates are planning a number of statewide initiatives for 2016:

Legislators have introduced legislative referrals in the following states:
    Marijuana legalization advocates are planning an initiative for 2015 in Ohio:

12. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

cool to see this movement going country wide, but I predict a wide backswing with BHO (Butane-Hash-Oils) being apart of the pot industry.
    Pot might be medically sound for some people, but BHO is not, and makes up for a quite a hefty number of sales.

I think BHO is much worse than hard alcohol, but it has a stigma for being natural, which it is not. Butane is very bad for you

BHO=wax/dabs/oils/shatter/ (it is an extraction process, so some of these hash's are made through different extractions), but BHO is made with low quality and even expired moldy weed (Nobody is chopping up there good high quality flower to make these. But people with a ruined crop, can still make money by these extractions)
    ---

I think our country did such a weird proposition with legalizing weed, got way to bureaucratic. If it were truly seen as medical, a med patient should be able to go to any med state, and get their medicine. But instead we have this chopped up shitty fragmented high taxed system that still sees a plant as more of a hardcore drug than prescription hardcore methamphetamines.

If your state legalizes. I implore you to grow your own weed, the government's just as happy to fuck you over whether you're high or not

13. freedomrider

freedomrider Member

PLEASE do your homework, this is not a good bill.

This effectively creates a legalized drug cartel where only 10 fat cat growers can produce. PLUS they want to change the Ohio Consitution to make it so they can have their monopoly forever. Right now its a minor misdemeanor to have an ounce of pot. With this unless you can PROVE you bought it from the Cartel, you will be get a much harsher sentence than you do now.

Farmers and the community will be shut out of the market. The promoters and business owners trying to get their monopoly are well known to be shady and not to be trusted.

Real legalization is coming, "Responsible" Ohio is NOT the answer.

1 person likes this.
  14. freedomrider

freedomrider Member

Thats the problem with this bill you will NOT be able to grow your own unless the Cartel licenses it. And, the Cartel of 10 growers will be hand in glove with the State, because their monopoly will be in the freaking CONSTITUTION OF THE STATE! Other states need to watch out for the same fast tricks, you can't trust monied interests as far as you can throw them.

15. Tyrsonswood

This state is so screwed...

16. Bud D

Bud D Member

I think your playing into their scheme. What I put up for a link is responsible OhioANS, not responsible Ohio which came after responsible ohians and is total bullshit scheme to screw everyone over. So yes we do agree, but please watch the details.

17. freedomrider

freedomrider Member

You are right and I apologize for the confusion, I am so used to the brainwashing from the Cartel. (Might want to add some more explanation in your post).

It is getting closer to the day when Ohioans will get to decide whether they will allow the Cartel to take over this industry. They dumped 25 million into ads in Ohio to dupe people into thinking this is a good law. Sad, but money buys power and wins elections for the monied intersts.

18. freedomrider

freedomrider Member

Got news for you we are ALL screwed. This power/money grab in Ohio is the same thing that is happening everywhere in every industry.

19. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

They have to come up with a better plan that allows individuals to grow their own.

20. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

DC did it right....personal grow, personal use.