Cacti..peyote

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by SatireOnFire, Jan 15, 2015.

1. SatireOnFire

SatireOnFire Members

What are people's thought about this one? I am very curious as to whether or not I should try. I have dosed large amounts of mushroom and lsd once. What is the difference with peyote? Trip stories? Bad trip? Let me know. I would really like some feedback.

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I have done San Pedro but not Peyote. Both cacti contain mescaline but Peyote has several psychoactive compounds producing it's effects as where San Pedro is just a few.

The primary difference I find with mescaline is that it's more clear headed than Mushrooms or LSD. The visuals have a distinct character as well, it doesn't really create an overlay of patterns and warping effects that seems emminently in your face like LSD where everything is constantly distorting. Mescaline visuals tend to manifest in objects themselves and there may be changes in size of objects.

Mescaline is also unique in that it's really the only one of these which gives me auditory hallucinations. I mean, I get some mental chatter on LSD and occassionally some indiscriminate auditory sensations with shrooms, but on mescaline for instance, a phone wire hum can take on like a buzzing cicada quality. The closed eye visuals are also really unique, very graceful and sensual. One odditiy of mescaline is that I don't care for music too much on it, perhaps it's somewhat due to the auditory distortions. It's a great trip for nature.

It's definitely a worthwhile trip, it also often produces one of the best afterglows of any psychedelic. I've read the primary difference in peyote to San Pedro is that the onset is more dreamy on peyote, seems to be more nausea inducing as well.

3. TheWriter

TheWriter Banned

Peyote is the most enhanced psychedelic experience that I have ever had.

Once when I was out in the desert I completely went through a blending with everything around me. It was surreal. Still have not tried San Pedro though