Hydrogen Peroxide Myth

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by IMjustfishin, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Well, anything is pseudo-science if it isn't backed by the medical journals and the pharmaceutical companies which own them.

2. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

3. extreme-duality

extreme-duality Members

Would suggest alternative uses such as using it in the bath, and as an oral rinse, but certainly not ingesting...that's not a good idea. at all.

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

well for some reason I can't quote anything but in response to what pressed rat said in his last post, I dont necessarily need to see a published scientific study to believe something can be effective or healthy, as long as it makes sense to me.

but ingesting hydrogen peroxide doesn't make sense to me. If you can explain exactly how it works then fine, but like someone else pointed out, how is it any different from swallowing air?

5. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

No, if it's backed by the medical establishment, you can tell automatically that is wrong. Just avoid anyone backed by "credentials", or ideas backed by "evidence" or "sound reasoning" and you'll be ok.

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

Unless H202 is given IV , there no oxygen increase in the blood from drinking it. Just not enough oxygen to make any difference.. Most of the oxygen added via H202 has evaporated or dissipated before ever reaching the stomach. The average healthy persons oxygen saturation level in the blood are near 100% below 90% hypoxia begins. 80% organ failures.. Over 100% oxygen toxicity occurs.. dizziness, ear rigging, vision problems, headaches, agitation ..
    Although the body has many antioxidant systems that guard against oxygen stress, these systems are eventually overwhelmed at very high concentrations of oxygen, and the rate of cell damage increases..

7. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Here is a doctor (no doubt a quack) explaining it.

http://youtu.be/vXWXhp6aFuw

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

you could increase O2 just taking aspirin .. holy fucking shit, look all those oxygen molecules..
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUHlxBZMiqw

They used to sell oxygen tanks at QuikTrip (a local French-owned gas station found at every exit in the midwest). I wonder if there are any local oxygen bars here... used to be a big thing years ago. Said to give you more energy than a cup of coffee.

Too bad I'm allergic to the stuff :p

10. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

I've never tried drinking the stuff, although I do have a condition that can leave me short on oxygen at times.

I wonder if there might be issues with oxidization if it is consumed regularly. Anyway, I can't see much benefit in taking it internally.

I've only ever used it to help remove blood clotted bandages.