Hydrogen Peroxide Myth

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by IMjustfishin, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1KPfycfCIQ

2. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Who in their right mind would drink that?! WTF

H2O2 may clean up an kill bacteria, germs, and cells that cause infections and illness, but it is also capable of destroying essential bio matter your body depends on. That's why you don't pour that stuff on a fresh wound; it destroys all those regenerative skin cells that work to heal the wound. It's meant to clean up dirty wounds and prevent infections. Those who drink it like a beverage deserve a dumb ass award.

Personally, I use H2O2 to clean up sweat stains and blood stains. It works like magic.

3. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

thanks, learn something new everyday!

4. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

They use hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting in dogs

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Battery acid will also do the trick.

6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

*facepalm*

I was not talking about drinking hydrogen peroxide such as what you find at the grocery store, much less drinking it straight. I was talking FOOD GRADE 35% hydrogen peroxide which is DILUTED in a large amount of water. So like a few drops of FOOD GRADE hydrogen peroxide in a 20 oz. glass of water. That is very different than drinking straight hydrogen peroxide, which would cause severe burns and most likely kill you at the 35% concentration. FOOD GRADE hydrogen peroxide can only be purchased from select vendors and must be carefully shipped with a corrosive label warning. YES, it is very dangerous if misused, and NO I have never used it and have never recommended people do unless they first research it instead of jumping to retarded fucking conclusions as some of you are.

My interest in this comes from a book I read called The One-Minute Cure by Madison Cavanaugh, which is about the use of FOOD GRADE hydrogen peroxide to rid the body of certain diseases and pathogens. Hydrogen Peroxide turns to oxygen in the body, and a body that is oxygenated is one where disease finds it difficult to thrive and the body works optimally. As of now I don't have any firm opinion about its use in this matter, though it is certainly interesting nevertheless. It has caught on in a much bigger way in Europe than it has in the US, but has been successfully used by doctors to treat a plethora of diseases and ailments.

7. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

H2O2 doesn't give you more oxygen, it gives you more hydrogen, which you don't need unless you're a balloon. And even if you are a balloon, it may not work out well...

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  8. deleted

deleted Visitor

oh the huge manatee..

2 people like this.
  9. Pressed_Rat

So you're saying that hydrogen peroxide is pure hydrogen and not two hydrogen and two oxygen atoms? I guess chemistry isn't one of your strong areas.

Hydrogen peroxide breaks down in the body to form oxygen.

10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Dr. Odd wrote

Yet you recommended it in your other thread....

Interesting.

11. Pressed_Rat

Well, I didn't think that by simply mentioning it (I never actually "recommended" it) that it would make people want to use it without first researching it for themselves.

Furthermore, I was referring NOT to food grade hydrogen peroxide in that instance, but rather regular 3% hydrogen peroxide poured into the ears, which seems to work for people on the first signs of a cold.

The discussion simply went on to involve food grade hydrogen peroxide taken internally, but that was actually not what I was referring to when I mentioned "hydrogen peroxide."

12. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

regardless of the type of hydrogen peroxide, if your healthy, your body is already oxygenated. very close to 100%.
    for me personally, the benefits would have to be something other than oxygenation to consider this therapy useful at all.

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

the whole theory behind ingesting hydrogen peroxide (including food grade) sounds like pseudo science to me. I haven't been able to find any scientific studies backing it up. Wouldnt it interact with your stomach acid before ever reaching your blood anyways?

I also want to add that its not good to use on an open wound either. At best your blood renders it ineffective due to an enzyme in blood called catalyse which breaks down hydrogen peroxide molecules. At worst I think it can actually destroy tissue.

14. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I had to think about that one for a second or two. :cheers2:

But seriously... my first post was a joke. I don't remember a lot of high school chemistry, but I do know the business world, and I know if there was any halfway legitimate money to be made from persuading people to drink hydrogen peroxide, it would be sold in every vending machine in America. Last week, two college football teams would have played in the Peroxide Bowl.

15. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Okay, I sent Hubby an e-mail. Why study science when you can get the answers for nothing? :D He says when peroxide breaks down, the balanced equation is this:

2H2O2=2H2O+O2

That’s a bubble of oxygen in your stomach, and some ordinary water. But… oxygen is also in your stomach when you swallow air. We know what happens then. It’s a burp.

16. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Normally my system takes care of infection rather well. On the rare case where an infection does start in a cut, one application of hydrogen peroxide cleans it out and stops it completely. Yes it does damage tissue, I've always known this and maybe that's what causes it to "kill off" the infection... deeper wound but fresh clean tissue that can then heal naturally. We are talking cuts here, not bullet wounds or major organs hanging outside the body.

If it does damage tissue and I get a larger scar, I'm not worried about that... life isn't a beauty contest. (at least for me, I honestly don't care) I'm constantly cutting myself somewhere, arthritic "rented" fingers no longer handle tools as they should and I will go from getting that cut to digging in the dirt, cleaning the bird cage, or whatever it was I was doing... I did a lot of woodwork, wood dust can cause all kinds of stuff. Way back I used to be a mechanic and autobody man... You never even knew you got cuts until washing off the crud at the end of the day... usually with some kind of solvent. (damn that shyt burned) As I said my body just handled it, if it couldn't the peroxide stopped any infection right then. (by whatever scientific method it does this I don't know) I never needed a second application.

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

if you're talking an infected wound with no blood then I imagine it would still be effective minus the tissue damage. Once it comes in contact with blood it breaks down completely.

18. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Regardless of the quantity consumned, neither the safety nor effectiveness of internal use of hydrogen peroxide is supported by scientists and doctors.

I suppose that only ingesting a drop or two of this stuff is much less dangerous, but still not a good idea.

I have no objection to people engaging in safe but useless medical treatments. If bogus treatments, or attacks on legitimate treatments lead to serious harm however, they need to be strongly opposed.

1 person likes this.
  19. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Hence the reason it works wonders cleaning out blood stains on all surfaces.

20. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Touching all those chemicals, and absorbing them, and having irritated swollen hands that even strong detergent won't take the solvents (which sink right into your fat and right through your cells and scramble DNA and make cancer left and right and such) out of, has really caused me some worry - not because of doing it once, but because of me doing it nearly daily (without even being paid to).

I finally went and bought my own nitrile rubber gloves. Previously I'd hated them, for never having my own supply, and once you get one knick in it it can fill with grease or oil and just hold it against your skin, but recently I found that the good quality thick ones last a while, and if you just have more and can change it's no biggie, just don't act like your gloves are gold.

I'm a lot happier, I no longer have tingling fingers and other very ominous symptoms after tinkering with shit, as I love doing. They actually protect your hands more than you'd think, it's like having that much more skin, but it's totally impermeable, even to really nasty shit like gasoline. sixteen bucks for a hundred instances of living a bit longer and healthier sounds like a good deal to me.