Psychics: Telling The Truth Or Just Really Good Liars?

Discussion in 'Psychic' started by TheGratefulPhish, Jan 1, 2015.

1. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

I've had deja vu of deja vu (of having deja vu of deja vu etc) before ... it was very ... recursive and TRIPPY AS FUCK lol. I hear deja vu scares some people. Apparently it's most common in childhood and adolescence and then the frequency of deja vu type experiences drop with age but it does occasionally still happen. I suspect it's just a glitch the way the brain processes memory and experience, i.e you're in a situation that has some similar features to a situation you've been in before, triggering the recall of a memory which you misinterpret as 'this exact same thing has happened before". It's usually pretty transient with deja vu experiences typically lasting only a few seconds, but longer deja vu experiences have been reported. I read about a guy who claimed to basically constantly experience deja vu, and felt as if he'd lived his entire life before or something like that.

2. Amethyst_Bliss

Amethyst_Bliss Member

Has anyone had a psychic that just talked too much about themselves? It's a little frustrating to pay money to hear someone talk about themselves being evicted and how men salivate over them.

3. zengizmo

zengizmo Ignorant Slut HipForums Supporter

I'm not psychic, but I've had a lot of psychic experiences. For example, there is a woman I have been friends, then enemies, then friends again with for years, who has spoken out loud in response to my unspoken thoughts. And also, I can communicate with her telepathically. She doesn't take money for readings, but what she says to me out loud...and sometimes in my mind...is always spot on. On the other hand, I have paid so-called psychics for readings that weren't worth crap. I have met a lot of genuine psychics. But none of them advertise, and none of them try to make any money from it. They are just people I've met in my day-to-day life.

IMHO, the whole "psychic" thing revolves heavily around the spiritual path - that is to say, the things we are all required to learn and to manifest as part of our spiritual lessons in whatever life we are living. So IMHO, again, the whole point of psychic perceptions is meant to bring us into a deeper understanding of our spiritual paths. Most folks don't see anything that deep in it tho.

1 person likes this.
  4. P_Bateman

P_Bateman Members

My one experience was from about 10 years ago. At the place I worked out customer was a supposed psychic and had already read everyone there, me being new it was my turn . She started with vague things like my zodiac, things that ibfelt I heard before and then she hit me with the good shit. She tells me a older gentlmen was standing near me. About a month before that my grandpa had passed, she tells me he was good with cars and he knows I don't check my car so the next time I went out of town to double check everything(my grandpa was a mechanic by trade). A year passes with a number of road trips but I never take my car till my sister's graduation. I head to her and sure enough my radiator bust, I can't remember if I put water but I say on the dude of th e road laughing because the coincidence was funny. Idk if I believe but that story is my one experience with psychics

1 person likes this.
  5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I predict an Olympic games in 2020. :)

Come one come all and witness my magick! I introduce to you, an occult sourcerer of the ancient craft of psychic ability. Watch me perform mind dazzling illusions, straight forth from the realms of the shadow walkers, exiled from Shangri-La! The great Irminsul.

1 person likes this.
  6. zengizmo

Irminsul, let's cut to the chase, here: How much money are you asking for?

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

$5 might refresh my memory. :toetap05:

1 person likes this.
  8. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

Trust me they are all liars. They simply feed the superstition and paranoia that is already there.

9. zengizmo

The check is in the mail.

10. zengizmo

I don't trust you. :) You are speaking from a viewpoint of limited experience and extrapolating it to cover the entire cosmos. Logical fallacy. :)

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

In all honesty, I'm not a psychic. ;)

I do not however, throw the idea to the curb for I believe that we all have experienced certain psychic awareness. If that was dejavu or simply understanding what's going to happen next and let's face it, some people are truly unreal with what they can do, so reading the future? I don't see why someone can't. I can see why we all can't, but not a singular person with a certain gift.

Especially with hands too, suggested that certain creases etc. can tell things about your future. I don't think a crease here necessarily equates to someone being able to tell what you're going to do in the future, but to guesswork age, health issues? You bet. why can't that happen?

Though, carnival tent bullshit I'll never believe. If you're truly a psychic, I believe you have outgrown and just in generalness, you aren't going to in a tent or a stall or in a mall reading cards and palms for money.

1 person likes this.
  12. zengizmo

I'm in substantial agreement with you about the tent thing, Irmunsul...with a caveat. :) While I tend to think most so-called "psychics" you find in tents and stalls are not worth much, I don't discount the ability of the spirits to put a genuine psychic in a position like that for a specific purpose. I also don't discount the possibility that the spirits could make any person a genuine psychic for however long is needed to impart a particular message to a particular person for a particular purpose. I have met angels along my road... ;) One angel I met was a counter clerk in a convenience store. LOL Go figure.