Psychics: Telling The Truth Or Just Really Good Liars?

Discussion in 'Psychic' started by TheGratefulPhish, Jan 1, 2015.

1. DrewSpeaksTrue

DrewSpeaksTrue Member

I think the vibe you get tells you if someone is legit or not, but there's not much harm in just believing in something we may not fully comprehend, esp when it helps us through a rough time.

2. SerafinaDllRose

SerafinaDllRose Members

I do not argue or debate because I have no need to prove what I believe (or don't believe). With that being said, I feel compelled to share my experiences because of a sincere, heartfelt question. First of all, I was extremely wary of going to a medium because I know there's a lot of fakes out there. My mother had just died, though -- and I really wanted reassurance that she was ok. Hearing stuff in church just didn't do it for me.

So, I went to see a medium that a friend of a friend had gone to. Part of me wanted to believe but part of me was doubtful. My mother came through right away and told me stuff I didn't understand (because it hadn't happened yet) and to be honest, I was in shock. The medium must've seen the dumbfounded look on my face because she said --- you might want to write this down and handed me a pen and a notepad. When I left, I didn't feel very reassured and kept wondering if it could be possibly real. I kind'ave thought I had probably been ripped off. No, I did not believe it was real.

Then, the things Mom told me about began to happen. I had no idea what to think ... how would the medium know this detailed information if it wasn't Mom? I started thinking - well, maybe she's psychic but that still meant there was something inexplicable going on. I wish I would've recorded the session now. I didn't tell the medium anything before I went into the session. She didn't know it was my Mom that I wanted to talk to. You know what? Part of me still doesn't want to believe but I can't think of a rational explanation for what happened. Maybe I have a hard time believing because of how I was raised. Since then, though, there have been times when I really feel like my Mom is close by.

~SDR~

1 person likes this.
  3. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

I've see this study done where pyschs were told to tell their patients the opposite of what they "thought" and the reception was nearly identical
    Just a bunch of hooyey

People can connect any memory to any word. The connection is real, the psychic's understanding and your's are however very different.

4. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

humans are empathic creatures, some more in touch with this than others but there is no magic involved. its pure psychology.

1 person likes this.
  5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

[SIZE=medium]I don’t believe in psychics but I do believe some people are more intuitive than others [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Hotwater[/SIZE]

6. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I think they're good at reading social cues. People are predictable and I don't mean that in a bad way. If it wasn't for our predictability we would not have found all the cures and treatments for some of the things that ill us. Anyways, as I was saying... people are predictable, so I think psychics are skilled at knowing that predictability.

At the same time, I do think we are all connected by invisble strings of energy. There is an actual name to this type of thinking, but I don't know what the name of it is called. For a little while I thought it was quantum physics, but I don't think it's that. Anyways, we're all connected... blah, blah, blah. I think that allows some people, if not everyone to be able to do something that would be considered psychic from time to time.

I think of the whole thing as scientific, instead of paranormal.

I also think, or at least wonder if clairvoyancy was more apparent in us when we were more primal. Animals have shown evidence of prossing clairvoyancy. And they're as primal as primal can get. So, you know.

I also think many psychics are just empathetic, which I think is a rare trait for humans to process. But, it's not unusual one.

All in all, if I were to go to a psychic... it would just be for fun.

7. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I don't know, I always assumed that if someone had phychic abilities that it would impair them to live a normal life, for example working a regular job. So, that's why they use their ability for means of work. Also, many humans want a job... career in something they're good at and enjoy. So, I'm pretty sure a psychic is good at being psychic, and maybe enjoys it.

8. Rick Waid

Rick Waid Member

I call myself a seer. I have read many people only offering what I see. I have read passed loved ones and once in awhile past lives. I also do many reading on radio shows. I do not charge because it was given to me. I have read on here and I enjoyed every moment of it. There are many great people in this site that have helped me to understand what was happening to me. I also have many friends that are amazing readers.

9. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Psychics would be classified as parapsychology, many of them probably have little to no background in Psychology.

10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Some of them don't even have a background in being Psychic...

11. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I know a seer. He is very specific. There's nothing vague or general said. It's real.

1 person likes this.
  12. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

Me too. :)

But IMO when people make a living out of it, charge people money, go on TV...they aren't real.

13. Rick Waid

Rick Waid Member

I have tested people on other sites. I held the story and all they had was the picture where it happened. They knew exactly what happened. They also gave me street names and city and the names of the victims. The story was over 20 years old and it would be very hard to find the story. The building was changed and there was no clue what it used to be. How can you explain that? I have been testing people for years and some hit every time with a picture. When I post just a first name no one hit anything. They also gave dates that were exact. I had others that came on to debunk and there was nothing they could debunk. Either the person is remote viewing or reading my mind.

14. averageguy6

averageguy6 Average Ordinary Guy

I went to a psychic once when I was young. I was in my early 20s and had no real expectation, as I was a total skeptic. I was just curious about what they would say. The thing I remember most is that she told me I would meet two girls that would become important in my life, and they would both have first names that start with S.

About three years later I met my, now wife and her daughter and both their names start with S. Now after 30 years of marriage I think she was spot on.

She also told me I would not have a steady job for many years and would end up doing something I never expected I could/would do. This was also correct. Now I don’t know if it happened that way because she told me and I chose to move from one job to and other, because of what she said. Or it just happened that way. I have done many different jobs, and ended up working as tech support in a call center, for over 10 years. When I started there I said I will be lucky to last 3 months.

1 person likes this.
  15. AceK

can social engineers read minds? Some people say that it seems so? Or are they jusr really good at picking up on subtle cues of humsn behavior?

16. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Ok, someone explain this.

Years ago when I was around 19-20 and began venturing into Christianity a few friends and I went out to a very small United Pentecostal church because we had heard about the pastor there and supposedly the Holy Spirit manifested rather strongly through him, to use the vernacular. At the time I had some health issues going on, but nothing very serious.
    So we get to this place, none of us had ever been there before, go inside and sit. The service starts and they begin singing and stuff. Then the pastor began to talk and out of nowhere this tiny little old lady came up, grabbed my hand and took me up to the pastor. Then what happened next left me :yikes:.
    She walks me up there and as clear and matter of fact as can be, she turns to the pastor and says
    "This is Nox, he came here because he thinks he needs healing, but the Lord brought him here for something else."
    I had never seen or talked to this woman, neither had any of the people I was with, yet she called me out by name and also mentioned what was on my mind.

What happened next was equally "interesting" and rather life altering, but not to sure I want to go into it in this arena.

and that is but one of the many similar events that I have experienced.

1 person likes this.
  17. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

I will say though, that while I don't really consider myself "psychic", I have never been surprised by any major events/people in my life.
    It is almost as if I am acting out a script that I have rehearsed.
    so many times in new situations I think, "oh, I remember this"

but I'm a weirdo.........

18. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I definitely think that some people have psychic ability. Sometimes it can be controlled and (often) it cannot.

I believe it comes in different ways, and someone with true talent does so/uses it because they feel they "have" to and not for money. Although I've never known of one that wouldn't accept donations. ;)

There are very clever "guessers" and those are the ones that have shows and people with mikes planted in the lines waiting to get in as well as they have their plants in the crowd.

19. AceK

deja vu?

20. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

it is usually a bit more detailed and "real" than the usual vague deja vu type of experience.