Your Favorite Alternative News Source

Discussion in 'The Media' started by AiryFox, Dec 25, 2014.

1. AiryFox

AiryFox Member

I am in the process of updating my news feed and I was wondering what was your favorite alternative news source.

By alternative, I mean news sites like Truthout and Alternet.

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Most of the bigger alternative media outlets are funded by foundations and therefore are not trustworthy.

The only alternative media I like are some independent blogs, as well as some of the channels people have on YouTube. These are the only places online that I see real questions being asked, None of these big-name "alternative" media sites ares exposing the truth, and if they are exposing even a modicum of the truth, it's presented in such a way that removes any credibility it might have, often resorting to rampant sensationalism and excessive fear-mongering. People like Alex Jones immediately spring to mind. Alex Jones is nothing more than a provocateur.

3. chellycellhot97NYCMiaCA

chellycellhot97NYCMiaCA Members

I actually might have found a news source compatible with all my missing needs as far as being a skilled actor, published writer and decorated artist goes. When it comes to that social climax of hearing a feed strong enough to re-align the majority of daily miscues and social upheaval. I would have to bargain for this new news Source of theatrical / film/ movie enlightenment, which modernizes the difference between poor CGI and CGI expectancies Poor C-competition G-governing I-instructional Insight. Especially,todays craftsmanship within the outsourcing of the industry's movie going population and it's support for the artists and their framework, but then again supporting the art could be claim a destruction against the industry and its standards to support the idea , rather adaptation of a good time.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

hipforums.com

2 people like this.
  5. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Anything NOT MSM is worthwhile!!

6. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

Democracy Now! Is generally pretty good. They cover a lot of different types of things - climate, American imperialism, indigenous protests around the world, war crimes, etc.

5 people like this.
  7. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Pacifica out of Berkely.

8. maria765

maria765 Members

You might find this strange, but I rely on The Economist for general international news. To me it seems that their only bias is money (of course), and that being an obvious bias, it's fairly easy to mentally filter article content based on such.

9. PaullyNormous

PaullyNormous Members

I watch The Young Turks on YouTube. Otherwise BBC world news. I refuse to trust American media. Fox news is probably the worst source for news of them all.

10. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

The Economist has surprised me quite a few times in the past with fairly balanced articles.

11. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

I like Alex Jones mostly for entertainment purposes. I don't consider a lot of what he says as trustworthy information, but it sure is fun watching and listening to him get upset! Dahboo7 on Youtube posts some interesting vids, but it's along the same lines of Alex Jones. Lots of conspiracy and untrustworthy information. He seems to rely on Facebook posts to get some information. Just a means to get people riled up, inciting fear blah blah blah.

BBC is good.

12. 123Souljah123

123Souljah123 Members

13. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

Not sure if this counts, but I read the cbc website (Canadian broadcasting Corporation) every day.

14. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

I suppose since it's alternative I'll go with buzzfeed. I'm never there to find the news, but sometimes I'll stumble upon what's being talked about. And I like how they update their event news. Like when the ebola break happened, you could read the same article, and at the top they have a section that's constantly updated called "here's what we know so far"

15. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

A mate of a bloke my brother knows ;)

2 people like this.
  16. HeathenHippie

HeathenHippie Member

17. xenxan

xenxan Visitor

18. tallend

tallend Members

Wow - what an interesting discussion, there are so many sources that i didnt know before, thanx a lot for all that input, I think I have to get to a few of them - anyway much mure broadance is needed.

19. Berry88

Berry88 Members

I watch those news I find on a YouTube.