What Would You Have Done?

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by RainyDayHype, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I would have said "Sorry, but I wouldn't feel comfortable handling one of your balls."

2 people like this.
  2. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

ugh.. I'm so clumsy and uncoordinated that if I would have tried to hand or toss him the ball, I bet I would have hit his Nads or something... and he would have still called me a bitch... so we'd be in the same situation...

3. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

He might have caught you and said there you go thanks.

4. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Hero answer. [​IMG]

5. secret_thinker

secret_thinker Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I probably would have just ignored the bitch comment and hope that was the end of the encounter.

6. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

I would have made signs at him like I was deaf and dumb! he would then feel sorry for me and go pick up his own ball then as he bent over " bang " kick him straight in the nuts :bigcry:
    Next time it happened he would ask one of his mates to fetch the ball

2 people like this.
  7. shygurl170

shygurl170 Members

I would have probably let the bitch comment go. Then again, maybe not.

At our community pool I've had to tell a group of teenagers to watch their language. I don't want to hear fuck this or fuck that every 10 seconds and surely I don't want my children to hear it. Most of the time they are respectful. I am not good with confrontation (with strangers ;) )

2 people like this.
  8. shygurl170

shygurl170 Members

I wanted to add about calling the police. I feel as though it was the right thing. If one, just one of those kids decides to straighten up/change the crowd they run with; then it was worth it. Keep in mind, though, daily I see how "thug" style behavior/attitude begins at an early age. Unless they get scared shitless; they will continue down that path. I'm a little sensitive on this topic as I recently had two of my lovelies involved in a. picking up a fake gun and waving it around b. telling the others there was a hit list c. upset/crying/angry lovelies and family members; all while I was off of work! They are TEN!!! Protocol was that law enforcement had to be involved--hopefully, those two will have been scared enough to not do that again...

(not my biological children)

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I would have told him his mother didn't raise him right

nah, I actually dont know. I tend to have a temper when it comes to being called a bitch or **** or whatever, but I also don't like to pursue confrontations with strangers because there are too many crazies out there.

1 person likes this.
  10. RainyDayHype

hah, yeah I should have yelled, "what would your mother think???" Not cool that he thinks it's okay to call women bitches...

11. RainyDayHype

12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yes you did :p

I agree.

Probably something close to this:

Or ignored him after I passed the ball to him and he made an uncalled for but trivial comment.

1 person likes this.
  13. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

When he asked you to retrieve the ball, pull out your cell phone and hold up a finger as if to say, " just a minute, I have to take this call"
    Works in so many situations

2 people like this.
  14. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Give to those who ask

15. RainyDayHype

It's becoming interesting seeing the responses from men vs. women. Women don't want to be called bitches. It's very disrespectful. I don't think I would have changed anything about how I reacted. I couldn't let it go... I forgot to mention, the way he said it was just so nasty.... his tone was so nasty. Really, because I kicked a ball? I thought balls can be kicked, tossed, punched- I thought balls are tough. I needed to react to him because many people would probably just let it go and he needs to know that is not okay.

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

basketballs are not really the kicking ball type. soccer balls is a kicking ball. football is a kicking ball..
    besides the NBA and NCAA rules prohibit intentional kicking of the basketball... ;)

17. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I think you should have just tossed the basketball back and that would have been the end of it. I can see why it's tempting to retaliate, but that guy probably isn't as sensitive as you, and doesn't think he did anything wrong, and I'd bet that he hasn't thought about it much since it happened. Seems like you just created more anxiety for yourself :-(.

18. RainyDayHype

I'm not in the NBA.... I didn't kick it hard or anything... I can't even kick very hard... what I honestly did was just roll it along with my foot, I didn't punt it or anything...
    He was sensitive if he can't deal with someone accidentally mishandling his basketball...

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

Then he was out line to respond to you the way he did. I was teasing you with the NBA rule, and I dont even know how I know that knowledge .. [​IMG]

however, when I was a kid, I was playing basketball with these other kids. I was making every shot, and I owed it all to this rubber band I was wearing around my hand. I kept teasing the other kids "I have a rubber band on my hand".. this one kid , his name was Greg he was so mad, and upset over this hoop game and my rubber band. his dad then took us to the the Kennywood amusement park to help him get over it.

and I worked the scoreboards in high school ...< What the fuck was I thinking!!!! :wall:

20. Meliai

Meliai Banned