What Exactly Is A Hippie And Why Am I Not One?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by RichardTheFrog, Nov 24, 2014.

1. RichardTheFrog

RichardTheFrog Newbie

I just realized that the purpose of this forum is because you are "hippies" or consider yourself to be something like that. So I was wondering exactly what does that mean?

I used to hang out with a lot of people that called themselves "Hippies" and around the "Rainbow Tribe" in Gainesville, Florida. I even allowed some Rainbow members to camp on my property and they almost burned it down. I have been to a Rainbow gathering.

I used to do/sell acid when I was younger, so I talked to the "hippy" people when I tried to get it. Sometimes (rarely) it would be an easy cash exchange and I'd say "thanks" and go hang out with other people.... (like college kids)..... but more often than not, they would not want to give it to me so easily and they would want me to hang out with them and stuff like that and I would have to sit there and wonder when it had been an appropriate amount of "quality time" to ask them for more acid. Lol.

I get the whole back to nature thing and all that.

Is there something I'm missing?

2. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I don't know if you're a hippie. Many people who post regularly on this site aren't really hippies. Mostly, they are just abnormally thoughtful individuals, often with some "outside of the box" beliefs. Some of us began as hippies, but grew and developed pastthe label, but chose to stick around for the good company.

Anyhow, I suppose what I'm saying is that the answer to your question doesn't really matter.

3 people like this.
  3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Yes.... There are very few hippies on this forum.

4. RichardTheFrog

RichardTheFrog Newbie

Do hippies even exist any more? When I think of hippies, I think of a bunch of people from the 70s until Charles Manson ruined the whole thing

One time I was at this music festival and this guy (a normal guy) started making fun of all the "hippy" kids and it was actually pretty funny.

They seemed pretty ridiculous sitting there with their feet all dirty like it was their purpose in life to have dirty feet.

5. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

Hippies don't start 3 or 4 threads a day.

1 person likes this.
  6. RichardTheFrog

RichardTheFrog Newbie

How many do they start?

What does a hippy do anyway? You can tell me what a hippy ISN'T.... but can you tell me what a hippy IS?

And I have hung out with people who called themselves "hippies" and Rainbow Tribe people and all that. I've even been in a jail cell with a guy who called himself "Dragon" who was arrested for manufacture of something or other.

The Rainbow Tribe tells me that when it gets cold in the Ocala National Forest... they all climb into a "cuddle puddle." Lol.

Is that what it takes to be a hippy?

And I don't want to cause people to dislike me on this forum... but it was like a bunch of "lost" kids who all looked up to some guy named "Life" who drove an electric scooter and lived with his mom. Lol.

7. Wizardofodd

Hippies don't care about other peoples definitions or social expectations of them. Hippies don't ask what it takes to be a hippie. Hippies are just themselves. I was raised by them.

You should just have one thread where you ask your random questions on a daily basis.

2 people like this.
  8. RichardTheFrog

RichardTheFrog Newbie

But they wouldn't all go in the same category.

How could I find out about big butted Brazilian women and Hitler in the same thread?

Yea but hippies still exist in the world. They can't neglect the rest of society just because they want to dance shoe less in the woods. Is that what they do?

Or is it just about doing drugs? Is that what makes a hippy? What makes one then?

You still have not defined "hippy." So if I am "myself" then I am a hippy? But what if I'm not a hippy?

Is it mandatory that you smoke marijuana? Do you have to wear tidi? Do you have to have a Jerry Garcia poster?

9. Wizardofodd

It's not mandatory to do anything to be a hippie. There are no rules or club guidelines. And I hate to break it to you but all of your threads are pretty much in the same category. You ask questions, people answer, you make it more complicated in your own mind or are just trolling....same result every time. So you can justify having one thread and keeping it all there. I'd still check it out but the more you play the same card....the less people will care to engage you. Oh yeah...I bet hippies are creative enough to not always play the same card.

10. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

How old are you Frog?

1 person likes this.
  11. RichardTheFrog

RichardTheFrog Newbie

What are you talking about? They are all different.

How come hippies hold each other's hands in circles and have Hare Krshna's give food and dance around like fairies and nobody calls it ridiculous?

How old am I? Well I don't want to be judged by age so..... Age and life experience are not necessarily the same.

I'm in my 20s though.

12. Aerianne

You aren't a hippie.

Hippies are much older than 20-something.

13. RichardTheFrog

RichardTheFrog Newbie

Well I've known a lot of people around my age who call themselves such. There is still a little culture of it. The one I was around was in Gainesville, Florida, which is close to Ocala where they have a Rainbow Gathering every year.

14. RichardTheFrog

RichardTheFrog Newbie

I never said I was a "hippy" or that I wanted to be one.

Were you confused that you thought I wanted to be one?

I'm trying to figure out if it's even anything real, because the people I've seen that called themselves that were.... well.... kinda stupid.

They were way too old to be doing hallucinogens and smoking pot all day and more than likely lived with their mom or ate canned beans out of a tent and thought it was cool. Yea.... maybe for a day.... but it's probably better to have clean feet, right?

The Grateful Dead are not that cool.

15. RichardTheFrog

RichardTheFrog Newbie

Without starting a new thread..... are YOU a hippie?

What makes you one? When did you become one? Why do you like to be one? Are you glad that you are one?

and I bet I will get a bunch of sarcastic comments instead of real answers..... maybe even some clips from cartoon shows.

16. Aerianne

They aren't Hippies.

They are something else.

17. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

No...

18. RichardTheFrog

RichardTheFrog Newbie

Then what is a hippie? Do you have to be from the 60's or 70's?

19. Aerianne

Neither am I (a Hippie).

20. RichardTheFrog

RichardTheFrog Newbie

So what is a hippie then? Do they even exist? Did they live in San Francisco in 1969?

All the people I've known that called themselves "hippies" were just people who were in their 20s and got into some hallucinogens, or were way too old to be doing things like that and still hanging out with young kids selling them hallucinogens.

Do hippies even exist and what are they? Or is it just some cool colored shirts that some people buy because they think it's cool while they do their drugs.