What Is Your Favorite Cake?

Discussion in 'Munchie Recipes' started by skip, Nov 21, 2014.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

I was just drooling over a google search for sacher torte, then I clicked on the word "opera".

And found this: Opera Cake!
    [​IMG]

This is not nearly as nice looking as the one I had in a fantastic patisserie in Paris.

That was probably the best cake I have ever had (and I've been eating them for 60 years, baking them for 54)

Layer after layer of intensely delicious chocolate, with jam, thin layers of cake and other goodies.

Like a tiramisu, but even more sinful!

1 person likes this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Can't remember the last time I had cake...

3. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

I would add carrot cake as a close second.

Hey Skip when you were a baker did you have a copy of the book The New International Confectioner published by Virtue? Looking a the pages makes me realise how different foods come in out of fashion.

There are some rather nice cake shops in Acland Street, St Kilda. It is just like being in continental Europe there.

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

my favorite anything sugerfied, is chocklet.

5. The Black Forest cake my German teacher used to make us. I haven't eaten it in SIXTEEN YEARS.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Hmm black forest cake is one of my favs too! Then there is monchou cake (very fat and sweet, and relatively easy to make) :D
    [​IMG]

And on a shared 3rd place: mocha cake.

I would say space cake but I prefer to smoke the best ingredient in it instead of eating it so nope.

7. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Mine is plain Vanilla Skip with chocolate Frosting :)

8. Bassline514

Bassline514 Member

Recently I made a Reese cake for a friend's birthday. I told myself he loves chocolate cake and peanut butter, so why not mixing them both together in a cake? The result was unreal and so good! Here it goes: devil's food chocolate cake, with peanut butter filling in the centre, creamy chocolate frosting and chopped Reese cups on top... Yummy! It instantly became one of my favorites, definetely have to make this one again.

9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

my moms cheesecake

she always puts too much fruit it on it though

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I am not massive fan of chocolate. Very rich chocolate anyway.

I like carrot cakes wth a lemon vanilla icing and some walnuts inside.

Caramel Mud cakes would be my fav. I really like caramel it's my favorite sweet.

I also love cheesecake too with berries like a blueberry cheesecake or blackberries. :)

11. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Blueberry Cheesecake
    http://youtu.be/msQPHxTUgzI

12. scarlet skies

scarlet skies Guest

There is this cake called Creme de menthe cake my friend used to make. It's a basic box white cake mix prepared as directed except when you make the batter, you add 3 shots of Creme de menthe. Bake it in a 13 x 9 inch pan following box directions (do the eggs, water, oil according to box) Then let that cool and spread a large jar of hot fudge topping (Smuckers party size if you can find it) on top nice and thick (**not heated**) then whip up 2 more shots of Creme de menthe into a 12 oz. container of cool whip (mix in large bowl) and spread that on top of the fudge. At the end, shave a chilled chocolate bar on top. Bliss, ladies! Guys like it too :)

13. scarlet skies

scarlet skies Guest

These are tasty! We make them several times a year. (My son is into baking)

14. scarlet skies

scarlet skies Guest

I hate that they limit my likes. I like all the things :-/

15. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Have any of you ever tried this.... Princess cake?

[​IMG]

I had this once for someone's birthday, and it was one of the most delicious cakes I've ever had.

We found it at a French Bakery in Healdsburg, CA.

I also learned (somewhat) how to make it on the Great British Baking Show (on PBS). It ain't easy!

16. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Do you mean the Great British Bake Off? If yes, that show is so awesome, I am hooked. It is very pleasing to see people being so good at baking, and I love the little stories about some recipe throughout history.
    We have something that was suppose to be similar here, but it's not nearly as good. All British candidates are very, very good and knowledgeable about food.

17. Asmodean

There's a dutch version of that show in the Netherlands too. It seemed just as cozy and fun as the english one. But as a heterosexual man I didn't watch naturally. JK I think such a guy even won the first series! :-D

Anyway, I haven't tasted blueberry cheese cake as far as I know but it looks a bit like Monchou. Wonder if they are as similar as they look.

18. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

*Rushes in*

*Catches breath*

Did someone mention cake???

19. Asmodean

20. yoruichi

yoruichi Member

Italian cream cake with cream chees icing.