News About The Republican 114Th Congress

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sunfighter, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Oh yeah, they were surely just trying to help out the poor illiterate Iranians, who have no other way of knowing that treaties have to be ratified by the US Senate, or that we hold elections on a regular basis. Apparently their foreign policy advisers can only translate three word sentences, in crayon.

Can you read your own posts without laughing, or getting nauseated?

I can see the Tea Party stabbing Boehner in the back like that, but it isn't a real party. Or is it? Nobody knows what the GOP is anymore. Netanyahu groupies? Heil, King David!
    [​IMG]

2. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

The Logan Act might apply

1 person likes this.
  3. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I think they had this in mind when the letter was simply posted publicly online on a senator's website, thus making it not a 'private correspondence'. It's a bullshit move, but I don't believe they could be prosecuted for it, that's also why they wrote the letter as a 'helpful' reminder, so even though you know exactly what their intent is, on the barest face of it there's no wrong doing. I mean... there clearly is wrong doing, because you'd have to be a complete shill or utterly brainless to not realize they are trying to sway the Iranians away from any potential nuclear deal with the president.

3 people like this.
  4. Individual

Individual Senior Member

"a statute informally known as the "Logan Act", which made it a crime for an individual citizen to interfere in a dispute between the United States and a foreign country."

Logan was not an elected member of the Federal government at the time, 1798, but was later elected to the U.S. Senate 1800.

5. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Our President ought to submit any treaty with Iran to the Congress for ratification; in line with "advice and consent"

Then the treaty will have the full force of law. and not be revokable.

If Mr. Obama has a solid deal, it will be ratified.

He has The Media in his pocket.

6. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

7. Danny145

Danny145 Members

That is calming that neither denies global warming. And there is so much in the Internet about it. Well, if you need the original paper, I want you to guide to [SIZE=10pt]https://special-essays.com[/SIZE]. Here is the coupon code to save your money [SIZE=10pt]6oa39rW. Contact them![/SIZE]