Women Didn't Use The F-Word

Discussion in 'Remember When?' started by Karen_J, Oct 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

There's still a significant double standard, I think imposed primarily on women by other women. I've been watching Bill Maher on HBO for years, and Erin Brockovich is the only female non-comedian I've ever heard use the word on that show. That was last night.

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

sorry to be a grumpy old curmudgen, but the only legitimate/natural sex based role differentiation is that directly concerned with sex itself, and the bearing of children. of which there are too many humans in this world already, and anything that lowers the human birthrate, without being too callously draconian about it, is a very good thing.

i also remember when honesty and consideration (and even logic) were positive values.

3. Kiprat

Kiprat ophidiophobe

Well if a woman said "lick my shit, cuntface" most women would consider it "unladylike" and therefore pretty gross.
    So I don't really see how you should strike their opinions out.

In other words, what you seem to be advocating is one weird gender. Sort of "tits with a beard"?
    Thanks, I'll just nip off and throw up...

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i totally won't ask what you're pulling that out of. but i will say, that if everyone who thought aggressiveness were doing the world a favor either killed themselves, or pulled their head out of their asses and got themselves a conscience instead of lying about refusing to, 2/3rds of every thing that is wrong would fix itself just fine. i agree that women didn't make the world a better place by becoming more like men, but i don't agree the man becoming more like women instead wouldn't have.

and excuse me while the filth of aggressiveness makes me throw up.

the place of expletives is when you hit your thumb with a hammer, and that don't have a damd thing to do with what's between anyone's legs either.

and yes, i remember when BOTH boys AND girls got their mouths washed out with soap for using them in polite company.

5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I honestly don’t remember back to a time when women didn’t use the F_word.

Growing up primarily in the 80s even my young sisters would regularly drop F_Bombs (never in the presence of our parents, of course)

Hotwater

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

when i was little NO ONE did. not just women. no one ever used explatives of any kind in public, unless they stubbed their toe or hit their own fingers with a hammer, or some crap like that.
    (for the sake of context, it was the 1950s when i was little. the 60s was my teens and the 70s my 20 something years)

it wasn't entirely about gender then, and it shouldn't be at all now. explatives have their appropriate places, but a culture in which they are commonly over used, is a culture of intellectual sloppyness.

7. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

My mother swore like a sailor. Fuck was her favorite. Been listening to her swear since the late 1960's. Funny part was she was an educated business owner. She conducted herself just fine, it's when she wasn't working that she let loose.

My grandmother was full of modified swears.....she said, "fluck, "son of a ditch", "goddarnit", and "H-E-double hockey sticks".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.