Women Didn't Use The F-Word

Discussion in 'Remember When?' started by Karen_J, Oct 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I understood what you said/meant. And there are no mutual feelings, I do not know you.
    I just feel sorry for the folks that have to change who they are or how they go about things due to somebody elses burden.

2. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

Do we disagree on many things?

But how is my perception of cussing putting a burden on anyone?

3. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I don't swear often, but sometimes I do. If you over-use it it loses it's ability to illustrate a point (my opinion). There is a time and place for swearing. Passionate emotion/sex/talking with people who appreciate that sort vocabulary.

Anyhow, I have a co-worker who won't swear around me. Rather than shit or fuck, he'll say "cheese and crackers." When he slips up and utters a curse word within earshot of me, he apologizes profusely. Because "I'm a lady." It really irritates me, actually. Are my virgin ears going to bleed? Fuck that. ;). Who decided to associate swearing with masculinity? Why do people think it isn't lady like? Now I have to live by that made up standard?

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Our worldviews are pretty different, but I still think you're one of the more intelligent people I've encountered on this site.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't think you are putting a burden on anyone, I think you are the burden to someone. XD Somebody like me. Don't worry big nuts, we're cool.

6. neodude1212

If you mean conspiracy stuff, I'm not really against it, it's just that I tend to be apathetic towards it because even if any of it is true it doesn't change my life in any way.
    The way you are characterizing me actually bothers me a lot, which is ironic considering you were just getting righteously indignant about stereotypes. In reality my nuts are small and I'm not burdening you in any way. I've already made it clear that I don't wish to tell you what to do. If anything I would say you are trying to dictate to me how I should perceive cussing and insulting me when I don't agree with you.

1 person likes this.
  7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Characterizing you? You said I was distasteful and not feminine because I'm not afraid to let a few little f bombs slip out. And you're upset with me over characterizations?

Hmm OKay.. Coolies. =)

8. neodude1212

Just because my initial post followed yours doesn't mean it was addressed to you.

I didn't say anything explicity about you at all. I just gave my opinion about women cussing (and cussing in general, which seems to be ignored in favor of turning this into some feminist issue). To me it sounds bad coming out of everyone's mouth, particularly women. If by extention that includes your mouth, then so be it. I don't see how that makes me machismo nor how it makes me a burden.

I suppose it's just strange to me that you are insulting me because I don't care for cussing. If I were less prudent I might attribute such behavior to the aforementioned lack of taste.

1 person likes this.
  9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

And I conclude that somebody who has a problem with something very slight that I do, that would offend them or upset them, because they didn't like it.. to be a burden at that specific time. I don't understand how you think you could not be? You couldn't seriously think "oh hey I'll just gripe on this persons character and they'll enjoy it and be fine and dandy with it." yeah that's realistic thinking... So we've taken an eye for an eye now. Done.

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I've never actually thought about cussing in terms of gender nor have I ever perceived words like fuck as masculine. That's an odd concept to me.
    I love words and language. Curse words just make language all the more colorful, but of course there is a time and place for every fucking thing.

7 people like this.
  11. secret_thinker

secret_thinker Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

**** does seem to be more accepted in Australia.

I swear a fair bit but can also be appropriate when needed.

12. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Krishnamurti: “It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.”
    Here's a word of the day: vitriol

13. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I've always felt that way about the S-word, mostly because it pertains to an unpleasant subject. I don't care to be reminded several times a day of the existence of shit. Fucking is a lot more enjoyable to do and to think about, so I don't mind being reminded of it.

Sometimes, I actually forget about that one. In the US, I think it used to be used a lot more up north than down south.

1 person likes this.
  14. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

'fuck' and its derivitaves are very versatile words. can be used as a noun (dumb fuck), adjective (fucking idiot), adverb (fucking stupid motherfucker), and of course, a verb (i want to fuck you).

instantly make any sentence more colorful and distinguished, no time for a thesaurus? use the f-word.

4 people like this.
  15. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

My swearing has gotten worse over the years. It still tends to be more obvious in certain times and places. For the last two years I have been the driver for my 91 year old father. I realized that much of my swearing is at stupid and dangerous drivers. When I am alone in the car I will let off all kinds of colorful words about other drivers and on occasion those words slip out when Dad is with me. I am sure he does not appreciate it.

3 people like this.
  16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Women say the F word all the time, if they've burnt something in the kitchen or a pick sock made it into the whites at laundry time

17. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

What's a pick sock?

18. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

it's a tick tock

19. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I never heard any of my older female relatives use that word. Even under the most extreme circumstances, they limited themselves to damn, shit, and hell. I can't imagine my mother saying more.

Probably, the comedy world had a significant impact. Stand-up comedians love to play around with words in every possible creative way. When I was a kid, the edgy ones were only on HBO. I didn't even know where the nearest comedy club was.

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

outside my fathers voice, I first heard the word FUCK on HBO.. During the airing of WOODSTOCK.

Whats that spell ,, whats that spell,, whats that spell... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.