Acacia Confua Extract, Help Plz!

Discussion in 'DMT' started by herbalist81, Oct 18, 2014.

1. herbalist81

herbalist81 Members

Hello all! I am new to dmt extractions but after losing almost 2 BTC on the darknet I decided to try my own extractions as I passed CHEMISTRY-1 and CHM-2...lol.
    I purchased Acacia Confusa root bark shredded to see the quality and it looked great. I have since grinded it and was going to do a simple A/B extract, starting with a acidic(vinegar) bath.... vinegar water and boil ACRB for 1.5 hours, strain and repeat 3x. After that add NaOH, or Lye, slowly, the shake and add solvent, in my case Naphtha. Shake again vigorously and then roll gently to separate completely. After 1 mins take turkey baster and syphon top layer of DMT freebase off. Put in crystalization jar and wait 12-20 hours for milky substance to crystalize.

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

So your results were not good?

3. Phoenix Michael

Phoenix Michael Members

I'm curious if a straight to base method would work better or as well as the acid/base method on highly powdered root bark, of course doing a defat first. I'm thinking it'll just turn to sludge in the lye and get all the alkaloids out. I usually leave mine in freezer for a minimum of three days with it turned up to max cold. Without disturbing it. Clumpy blooms of crystals grow everywhere and usually a little cleaner imo. Jars are a pain to scrape freebase from, a good Pyrex dish with a lid will work great.

4. CorneliusHargrove

CorneliusHargrove Members

So what was the problem? Are you just asking if what you had done was correct or did you have a diminished yield? Did you test your water and acetic acid solution for it's pH level? What about this "milky" substance you spoke of? If it precipitated correctly and you defatted it only if it turns out gooey, it should have been more powdery and crystallized on the bottom of your container that you used to freeze precipitate. If you could be a bit more clear as to what you problem is I hop I could help.

5. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

IMO filtering the acidic water extract is the most challenging part and really requires some experience to do efficiently and without making a huge mess. let it sit for a bit so the solids go to the bottom and then decant through a cheese cloth. after that you can filter it through finer filters.

it helps to pipeline the workflow, so that you can have several containers in different stages going, that way you are always making progress even when you are waiting for a step to complete, like filtering which can take a while. this is the part that requires experience to learn how to set up your work space efficiently with the materials that you have available.

the first time i did one, it took easily over 12 hours to get to the freeze precipitation step.

btw, i've only used MHRB for extractions.