Tweaking Stuff

Discussion in 'Munchie Recipes' started by Dude111, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I cannot stand how crappy stuff tastes nowadays. They dont put hardily any salt/sugar in AND THE STUFF TATSES LIKE CRAP!! (We have the govt to thank for this)

Lately I have discovered I can tweak stuff to how I remember it tasting!!

V8 JUICE - I add salt and sugar until it tastes how I like it......
    ORANGE JUICE - Oh my,tastes horrible!!!! (Only 22g of sugar in an 89oz bottle)

I add 2 or 3 teaspoons of sugar to a glass and man is it good!!!! (Like I remember it)

Tomato soup - Man I can get this tasting good again also... Adding salt/sugar until its just right....

Some stuff cannot be tweaked this way because they use a DIFFERENT KIND OF SALT/SUGAR and when you add table salt/sugar,it tastes funny...

Im glad I can tweak the stuff I can!!

What are some stuff you guys find yourselves tweaking??

2. Dude111

I think I figured out how to get my MOSTACCHOLI to taste like it did before velveeta changed to using SKIM MILK!! (They used to use REG milk)

I just realised tonight the cheese in VELVEETA SHELLS AND CHEESE DINNER (original) -- Is reg velveeta!!! (With reg milk)

http://tinyurl.com/pumc7cl

I just gotta figure out how much to put in!!!

Oh my lord........ THIS HAS BEEN A LONG TIME!!!!! (Since I had good MOSTACCHOLI (Thanx to these idiots))

3. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

when you melt the cheese, don't add much milk. I fucked that all up the first time. :0

To make that yummy stuff Texas Roadhouse uses on most of their food , and is the butter they serve with the rolls, melt butter, cinnamon and brown sugar to taste. Syrup can be used instead of brown sugar. Tastes very close, if not on the money.

I worked on the Pizza Hut Italian Sausage Sandwich recipe, like they used to sell some 30 years ago. I use a pound of good Italian Sausage, fry it up a bit, then add 16oz onion and 20oz green pepper, both chopped fine. then add some crushed red pepper, 1/2 to 1 tsp, depending on how hot you like it. Throw in a good pinch of oregano and a bit of parmesan cheese and cook till it's done. Then use long sandwich buns, like Subway 6 inch ones, sliced parmesan cheese. wrap in foil and stick in the oven so the bun crisps a bit and cheese melts, use low heat. And you should have a real good sandwich.

4. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I thought this would be a thread about what meth heads can snack on.

1 person likes this.
  5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

OP is hard to take seriously. Too less salt and sugar in food products these days? Uhm....

6. magickman

lol that's what I was expecting too.

7. Dude111

Ah man!!

8. magickman

having an old favorite concoction right now. Nope, no Meth!

I cook a package of beef ramen noodles til done, pull off the stove. stir the flavor packet in, then add a slice of velveeta about 1/2 inch thick, cut into small cubes, and a couple dashes cayenne and cook til
    the cheese is melted.

has a great flavor all its own.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I was shown how to make a macdonalds quarter pounder burger. Well, of course anyone can make one it's really simple, but there's a specific taste that goes with this and although I never worked fast food, I made a dedication to myself that I wouldn't ever serve fast food like my school friends. I was better than that, and my k-mart resume validates this hehe but yes, anyway. The QP sauce. And once you have it down, your own burgers do taste like macdonalds. Add fries and tempura nuggets and there it is. Macdonalds but even healthier because I made it and know what I put in it. Like I over my fries etc.

The only things that tend to stay the same for me though are always nesquick choc, banana and strawberry flavors.