Boycott Fedex

Discussion in 'Boycott' started by relaxxx, Oct 9, 2014.

1. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

If you're sending someone a package by fedex, especially across a boarder, you must really hate that person.

Fedex is the most shady, despicable company that I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. What other company can have you sign for a service without the slightest hint of an impending mystery bill that they'll surprise you with a month later?

I almost always receive my orders from Canada Post, sometimes I have to pay 15% duty, sometimes i don't. It's no big deal and it always tells me on the slip if I have to pay anything when I pick it up. One time I received an order from fedex, The delivery guy doesn't mention any fees are due, nowhere on the paper does it list any fees. One would assume shipping is paid and my signature is simply a delivery confirmation. Then 3-4 weeks later, here's a fedex invoice for the 15% duty PLUS some outrageous bullshit fees totaling more than 50% of the item price.

Fist of all, I never asked or was informed that my item was shipping fedex. Second, I never agreed to pay bullshit fees. These underhanded sneaky shady practices should be illegal. Thirdly, on top of their bullshit fees; because they were too dirty and cowardly to invoice me upfront, like any honest business would do, because they never gave me a chance to pay upfront, like any honest business would do... now I have to cut them a check and pay bank fees, plus spend more money and time driving to town, plus spend more money buying an envelope and a stamp... to send these dirty evil scum sucking crooks their thieving bullshit fucking money!?

Out fucking rageous!

1 person likes this.
  2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i know exactly what youre talking about....the sellers rarely ever know about it they just pick fedex because its easier for them

they call it a brokerage fee

cost me $30 once for them to forward something like $10 in duties (without my consent)....

that was the last time i ever bought anything on ebay from someone who uses fedex

USPS is the only way to not get ripped off

3. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I only mail or ship with USPS...but do get things from Fed Ex and UPS from time to time.....
    Doesn't the USPS have a limit on how big something can be, though? I have never mailed anything that big yet....

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

domestic is different than international

5. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

that's how companies get big, and the bigger they get, the shadier they are capable of being

6. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

For what it's worth, fedex are currently, as far as I know, federally indicted in the US for massive conspiracy (and action) to not give a fuck about US controlled substance laws, and work with mexican mail-order pharmacies.

As such, I must consider them freedom fighters.

I mean, of course they don't care about the principles, just the money - but money happens to be on the side of freedom (and affordable medication) for once, so.... go money!

1 person likes this.
  7. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

Don't pay it.

8. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

I've decided that I'm going to just send them a check for the duty, minus the postage. Along with a letter telling them what I think of their illegal fees.

Also, these couriers would like Canadians to believe that customs brokerage is required. It is not, actually any item under $1600 can be declared at ANY customs office, not just the point of entry. They get away with it simply because enough people put up with it. I am not one of those people.

9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i paid it ...but i made them bug me for it

after about 4 or 5 bills in the mail i just paid it over the phone and told them i'd never deal with them again...and I havent.....except one time i bought a plasma cutter direct from the factory in china and it was listed as EMS shipping which canadapost handles just fine and they sent me a fedex shipping notice...i was pissed but in the end it was delivered by canada post and i just had the regular duty tax to pay and no stupid brokerage fee like fedex would have charged

10. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Letter To FedEx:
    ___

Dear vile leeching pirates (Fedex),

I have enclosed a check for the Canada HST duty MINUS my expense for postage. This is because any decent honest respectable business would invoice a customer up front, on delivery, with proper notifications and receipts. Any decent honest respectable business would also give their customers an opportunity to pay, up front, on delivery. I will NOT be paying your dishonestly contrived, unsolicited, unauthorized, unnotified and illegal service fees.

Your shady, unethical, and underhanded business practices are unconscionable and despicable to the core. A copy of this letter and any further correspondence will be posted online and reported to the Better Business Bureau as well as other media.

___

I hope they get investigated for violations against Canada's antitrust and competition laws and face a class action lawsuit.

11. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

I'll trust Fed Ex before I will UPS. I watched UPS get nasty with packages, throwing them around in the van, and the like. Even the USPS does a better job than that.

12. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Fedex has also been busted for this.

http://youtu.be/lM3SRG7D21Y

13. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Just thought I'd add a quick update:

I did end up filing a BBB complaint against Federal Express Canada. The Canadian complaint was forwarded to Memphis TN. They tried to claim the service fee was valid, I refused to accept their nonsense excuses. After my second rebuttal they then dropped the fee. Well in their words, they "credited my account" for the amount due. They still claimed it was a legitimate fee they had a right to collect. Of course they can't admit their at fault, they've done this dirty trick to probably millions of Canadians.

If you get a surprise service fee from these people or any other company, FIGHT IT! File a BBB complaint, insist that you are not obligated to pay for surprise, unauthorized, un-notified, unsolicited services done in the past without your knowledge or permission. Do it on principle alone regardless if it is a $2 bill or a $200 bill.

14. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I had a job in logistics and I hate fed ex

15. JPN2

JPN2 Supporters HipForums Supporter

Hello. I currently work at fed-ex as a temp at one of their warehouse.

16. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

^ LOL, well I do see that you are located in the 9th level of hell. Sorry to hear about that.

17. JPN2

JPN2 Supporters HipForums Supporter

At least it is warm here. :devil:

18. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I'mma boycott Fedex by not buying anything... [​IMG]

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie