The Absolute Best Thing You Can Do For The Environment

Discussion in 'The Environment' started by pickleweed, Oct 3, 2014.

1. pickleweed

pickleweed Members

shooting everything would be illegal and gardens still consume resources like water. I know I live in the PNW and we're known for our rain, however; I have a big garden and I have big water bills.

The only things that don't seem to need water are my apple trees and my rasberries still do ok without much water.

Everything else has to be watered

2. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I have heard of many people shooting and killing more than what is allowed each season, though....and not getting caught. It happens, unfortuneately.

3. Moonglow181

OK, you did not like that example. Here is another....2 people working hard to protect the environment and opening up a wildlife refugee for babies that had their mom's hunted and killed....the sick and injured....and 1 poacher of elephant tusks. Who is more detrimental to the environment in this scenario?

4. pickleweed

pickleweed Members

This is one of my gardens. The picture shows about half of it. I have about three all over my property about the same size. I have big water bills-lol

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. pickleweed

pickleweed Members

I'm thinking of your average person who doesn't really care about the environment, not your worst case scenerio.

Of course people like that do exist. There are exceptions to every rule. For example there was even a Nazi who saved Jews. Oschar Schindler saved hundreds of jews during WWII and he was a Nazi, however most of the Nazis did not save jews, and the average person is not a poacher.

However, in your example, the poacher probably does more to harm the environment than the two people. However, if you take two people who did everything they could to protect the environment and your average person who doesn't care about the environment, I'd still bet the two people would have more of a negative impact on the environment than one average person who doesn't care about the environment.

6. Moonglow181

ok, because two people use more resources than one in most cases. Is that your thinking on it?

7. Moonglow181

Nice garden, btw....

8. Moonglow181

How the hell did I underline that? I have tried to underline things before with no success, and that just happened....I hear Twilight Zone music now....lol

9. pickleweed

pickleweed Members

Yeah...I think so

10. pickleweed

pickleweed Members

Thank You

It keeps me busy

I planted wild strawberries I got from the beach as ground cover and I wasn't expecting any strawberries but lo and behold for about two weeks in the summer I have as many of the sweatest best tasting strawberries I ever had-lol