Resist Nothing?

Discussion in 'New Age' started by TheSamantha, Sep 30, 2014.

1. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

There is no fact out there called abuse. Abuse is your interpretation of fact.

2. thedope

Situational awareness!

3. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Oh stop it. Seriously. Stop it.

4. thedope

That's what I suggested you do as it is germane in practice to the issue of the thread. Don't find yourself righteously indignant unless you find anxiety a pleasure and aren't really interested in the support of real things.

5. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

thedope, I'm telling YOU to stop. I'm not going to grapple with you about abuse. Abuse is abuse. I'm not going to grapple with you about it. So please, stop it right there. It's nearly a constant grapple with you. Not this time. Not about abuse. Okay? Please. Stop, and hear what I'm saying. And thank you.

6. volunteer_tommy

volunteer_tommy Elongated Member

[​IMG]

Put two cents in, this is what you get. Time to

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. thedope

Not meaning to upset you dear. What you resist persists. Stop claiming the argument and let me speak of peace.

8. thedope

My grandson loves minions

1 person likes this.
  9. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Speak of peace? What? Follow along here:

I responded to TheSamantha. You quoted me with some bullshit response that had nothing to do with what I communicated to her. Then, after my clarification (for your benefit) you replied, "There is no fact out there called abuse."

At that, HELL NO. I don't think so. NOT going to grapple with you. Abuse is a VERY serious issue, and I'm going to tell you very directly: you're in the wrong to pick apart ABUSE the way you did, so please .. just stop. And leave it alone.

Thank you.

10. storch

storch banned

If you'd have put in another three cents, you would have been treated a lot better. :)

Please note the smiley face.

11. thedope

Too late, I already did.

As for speaking of peace you follow along and don't tell me how you are offended. The particulars of your conversation with someone else had nothing to do with what I said to you. Obviously you find the claim of abuse an honorable thing to uphold, I do not. I don't think victimization is a good thing to cultivate as it denigrates the power of your mind to deal with life responsibly.

12. volunteer_tommy

volunteer_tommy Elongated Member

[​IMG]

13. thedope

pussy

14. Annwyn'Bri

Annwyn'Bri Member

Plus there is a huge difference from "claiming" it and "recognizing" it and then dealing with it. Abuse comes from many different directions and for various reasons. It's very easy to internalize it and ignore that it happened and then have to deal with the aftermath in other ways, such as physical, mental, or emotional, other than facing and dealing with what actually happened. When you can finally face the abuse, understand the damage that it did, come to terms that it happened, only then can you move on.

15. Dejavu~

Dejavu~ Members

lol

I think the thedope's trying to say abuse needn't exist, but as his speech therapist, I've been abused by him too often to be anything other than numb to his foot-shooting expeditions. I appear now in the capacity of shooting his documentary. :-D

16. thedope

No, I said what I meant to say. Abuse exists not as a fact but as an interpretation of fact. It is an interpretation of human causes and effects but causes and effects are the same for all phenomenal things. Is it abusive that the wind should be bitterly cold or unseasonably hot? It is false that the claim of abuse unravels abusive action it just subjects people to a continuation of the same. The name abuse is a sacrament to the idea of guilt. The acceptance of guilt makes the perception of innocence or seeing the world as it is impossible.

17. Dejavu~

Dejavu~ Members

By all means let causality be explored. Abuse exists. For example, a raccoo...wait, I'll choose another. Torture. Merely an interpretation?

2 people like this.
  18. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

The story in the New Earth about the zen master is one of my favorites. Moral of the story: Don't judge anything that happens in your life as good or bad, because the good can turn into bad and the bad into good.

19. thedope

Obviously.

20. Dejavu~

Dejavu~ Members

The interpretation of fact is fact also. Abuse exists. How would you reinterpret the fact?

The non-cowardly version goes: Judge well, and continue to, since life changes.