Cutoffs

Discussion in 'Member Photos' started by Shale, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Shale

Shale ~

CUTOFFS

A young friend on facebook recently mentioned how he liked cutoff shorts. He posted a pic of a guy in "Daisy Dukes." I mentioned that I have been wearing cutoffs since before he was born and even had the short cut once but had to wear briefs with them to keep from sticking out. I now wear a longer cut so that I can go commando in my cutoffs.

Sometimes when I think about it I realize how out of style I am, because when I am not working I wear cutoff jeans all the time. You will see it in many fotos of me here on Miami Beach and travelling around the country. It is the most comfortable thing I can wear.

Daisy Duke's
    [​IMG]

Shale Mirror 1984 (My Oldest pic of me in Cutoffs)
    [​IMG]

Shale Miami Style 1991
    [​IMG]

Shale cutoffs 2005
    [​IMG]

2. Shale

Shale ~

More of Shale's Cutoff Shorts History

Shale Cutoffs Chicago 2007
    [​IMG]

Shale Cutoffs DC 2010
    [​IMG]

Shale Running in Cutoffs Miami Beach 2010
    [​IMG]

Shale Cutoffs Today Sep 27, 2014
    [​IMG]

3. Shale

Shale ~

BTW, this is how I dress up.

[​IMG]

Oh yes, one more. I even did a little art foto of cutoff shorts.
    (It was actually a sweet potato in the shorts)

[​IMG]

4. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i have several pairs of jeans that have holes in the knees and really beat up hems at the bottom - they would make good cut-off shorts. i'm just not sure that it would be a good look for me.

5. Shale

Shale ~

Back in the '70s i bought Levi Bellbottoms and wore them until they got all raggedy & full of holes (like what young ppl dress up in today and wear to work). That was when they became cutoff shorts for the rest of their existence.

6. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Yeah, I don't buy new clothes, so I have a lot of jeans with holes in them - they gradually cycle into use for things like physical labor or working on cars, and then eventually get cut up into rags.

The thing is, I like my jeans long, I feel naked without them. They give a lot of protection, too. Jeans are just great. And I don't think I could pull off cutoffs.