The Cause Of Cancer,

Discussion in 'Cancer: There is Hope' started by doctorvos, Sep 24, 2014.

1. renogirl_2

renogirl_2 Wandering Sunflower

I do agree with grndzro's statement: "Carbs contribute to Inflammation because Glucose conversion to energy creates far more free radicals than fat burning. Free radicals damage cells and increase inflammation."

Lately, there has been a lot of information floating out in the medical public about how "inflammation" in the body is so very harmful (and no, I haven't looked up to verify the sources/stories YET). It's new to me and I need more education but I don't dismiss it.

We are all built so differently. The chemical combinations of everyone in the world are enormous. I just wish when we are born we would have a DNA done right from the start - would alleviate some problems but not dismiss the need for a healthy lifestyle.

2. Sanibel

Sanibel Guest

This is a different approach typically used for treating cancer. I was reading about this the other day. The generic drug low dose Naltrexone (LDN) has been found to sometimes help stop several types of cancer from continuing to grow. LDN is believed to work by strengthening the immune system. There are a few books written about LDN which go into detail. In general thought this a nice article and interview of Dr. Burton Berkson on LDN helping with cancer along with several auto-immune diseases.

Could Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) Beat Cancer and Auto-Immune Diseases?

http://articles.***********/sites/articles/archive/2009/05/26/powerful-breakthrough-beats-cancer-and-autoimmune-diseases.aspx

excerpt:

"...According to Dr. Berkson, LDN seems to work the best for autoimmune diseases. But he has also published two studies on LDN for the treatment of cancer.

The first, on the reversal of pancreatic cancer was published in 2006, and the other, on the reversal of B cell lymphomas, came out in 2007.

Says Dr. Berkson,

"It is difficult for many to believe that one drug can accomplish so many tasks. But LDN does not treat symptoms as most drugs do. It actually works way "upstream" to modulate the basic mechanisms that result in the disease state."

Even with cancer patients, the survival rate is about 50 percent -- and they are the sickest; oftentimes coming to him for this treatment as a very last resort after everything else failed.
    How Does LDN Work?
    A growing body of research over the past 20 years indicates that your body’s secretion of endorphins (your internal, natural opioids) play an important, if not central, role in the workings of your immune system.

A review article entitled Opioid Therapy for Chronic Pain, published in a 2003 issue of the New England Journal of Medicine, states: ..."

3. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Recent years have brought a good deal of research into sugars in the blood, cancer cells developing more receptors to use up the available glycogen, and the effects of sugars on the body.
    Such as
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2168345

I recently earned a certificate in oncology massage, which is a lot of treatment symptom management and contraindications.
    My view is that my work is complimentary to allopathic medicine. (And support to the patients who decline additional aggressive treatment)
    However, part of that study was how a cell becomes cancer and the typical development from a few cells to a tumor, to metastasis.

One theory in oncology is that everyone has some cancer cells at all times, but the immune system takes care of them.
    This is why immunotherapy is so important right now.
    When a cell gets immortality, and replicates so that the daughter and stem cells get immortality (meaning the cells don't die as they should), they crowd out and starve other healthy cells.
    Cells can alter their signals to get more lymph and blood coming to them, and basically cloak themselves so the immune system doesn't see them.

Ok, great, but here's a thought. Why do we have these sugar sucking cells in the first place?

Are cancer cells originally useful to the host?
    Might they serve us, in tiny, controllable amounts, by taking excess glycogen from the blood?

2 people like this.
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Can't we make all of our cells immortal and then we could become immortal? :)

5. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

We don't do it. The individual cells do, and so cancer is an overgrowth of a certain type of cell.
    When people talk of metastizing cancer, it means cells with, say, breast DNA are making tumors in, say, the lung, brain or anywhere else.
    It's the same cancer.

6. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

No one has mentioned if your cholesterol levels go down to much, your chances of getting cancer go up.

7. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well... There's "good" cholesterol, "bad" cholesterol, total cholesterol... Levels measured in blood.

Clearly there's no simple indicators or solutions. It's better viewed as a "system" function than an elemental one. Many unrelated variables acting in concert.