Most Stressful Thing About Having An Automobile

Discussion in 'Pure Bull' started by King Names, Sep 1, 2014.

1. humanbeaing

humanbeaing see you in paradise! HipForums Supporter

High payments

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well, just because you have a car doesn't mean you have to use it to go through the taco bell drive through...

1 person likes this.
  3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

youre doing it wrong

every truck or trailer ive ever owned had a purpose...usually that purpose it to make money or get me to a place where i will make money...or save me money by being a secondary vehicle that is better on fuel than the bigger one that makes me money

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

no your doing it wrong. if you want to pretend your existence is about money and begins and ends with it, that's your concern of course. thanx but no thanx.
    places aren't about money. that's what has them fucked up and keeps them that way.
    maybe you've just never seen nor imagined anything beyond what you're narrowly familiar with.
    personally its that kind of world people like you seem to be insisting on forcing on everyone else, that i have no use in hell for any part of, and i can't see anyone who refuses to lie to themselves as doing so either.
    there's just a great big universe out there that isn't about us, is wonderful BECAUSE it isn't about us, and if all you can think about is money, i doubt you can even imagine it exists.
    you might drive right through the middle of it, lots of people do, and never even imagine its there, let alone actually see it.

money is a useful convenience, and an annoying inconvenience at times to lack, but as an object rather then a tool, that just makes no sense.
    i mean what's the point? you might be able to do things with it that might gratify, but without doing them, with just the money itself, that's just empty illusion.

it can't gratify any more then what you create or explore with it. and you will always have that little nagging dissatisfaction, if you keep buying into the flim flam of expecting it to.

5. ScrubPuppy

ScrubPuppy Member

When your kid reaches driving age. Try teaching a sixteen-year-old how to drive a stick shift. I've lost much of my hair teaching both my kids how to drive. The hair I still have went grey.

6. puggybear

puggybear stars may twinkle-but I shine!

Finding out from the paperwork that the official colour of my car is....[please don't laugh]...BEIGE!

Yep;bloody BEIGE. I thought it looked golden-ish-sort-of-thing. But it's officially [sob] beige.

Oh well......time to find a cardigan with matching corduroy slacks,I s'pose-life is OVER for me......

1 person likes this.
  7. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

not having enough money to buy all the ones I want

8. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

As soon as you get in one, you give the authority's an excuse to scrutinize you.

"Show me your papers, instantly!"
    [​IMG]

I'm old enough to remember when the cops had to have a reason. Now they can just set up roadblocks under the guise of "checking for drunk drivers". And more recently, to check if you are wearing a seat-belt.

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

laws requiring you to have a license and insurance,
    the time you spend crawling under them, or slaving a similar number of extra hours to pay someone else to do so, to keep the dam thing running,
    (and knowing it wouldn't take any longer to sit at a bus stop reading a good book for the next bus to come along),
    their tendency, when they do stop running, to do so in the middle of the busiest intersection in town at the busiest time of day,
    if you're still making payments on it, the chance of not being able to keep up your indenture and having it repo'd,
    knowing that people are killing each other so that you can have the gas to drive it,
    knowing that the roads you're driving it on are more then half paid for by taxes on other and better modes of transportation and even by people who don't even own cars and that those other and better modes don't get anything like the same kind of subsidy and have to maintain their own rights of way at their own expense instead,
    knowing that making the world a place to drive cars screws up more then just how the scenery looks.

1 person likes this.