James Foley

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by troubled, Aug 20, 2014.

1. troubled

troubled Member

They are telling people not to view the video and that may be good advice but it feels like the government and Foley's sister are intrinsically telling people not to mention it either... See no evil hear no evil.
    I think the fear is that people will listen to the Isis so called motives and find it hard not to agree with the point. Even if the point is lost by such a monstrous act. America doesn't know who exactly they are dropping bombs on. Maybe they don't care and its just another raghead to them.

1 person likes this.
  2. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

The stated goal of the ISIS is the restoration of the islamic caliphate and an imposition of shariah law. The eventual goal of the islamic caliphate is to forcibly convert the entire world to islam. Those who oppose this are considered infidels and apostates. That's their motive.

Why you think that any sane person would sympathize with them, particularly right after watching them behead a journalist, is beyond me.

2 people like this.
  3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

But you're just regurgitating what the government told you basically. How do you know it's not all propaganda designed to instill fear in people so they go along with whatever military action the US has planned for this region?

Even if ISIS is as bad as being claimed, do you really believe our military wants to intervene for any humanitarian reason? And keep in mind these people were trained by our government. This government (meaning our own) kills innocent men, women and children everyday, and you expect me to believe we want to help the people ISIS is supposedly going after? I'm not buying it, just like I don't believe this "beheading" video is real, much like the forged Nick Berg video from 10 years ago.

We're being sold a load of bullshit designed to play on our emotions so we go along with whatever they have planned. The fact that more people do not see this for what it is is really kind of scary.

You don't see how any sane person could sympathize with the terrorists who are supposedly doing this, yet how many people sympathize with what Israel is doing to the Palestinians, which is happening on a much larger scale yet is somehow justified because the media has done its job molding people's opinions.

4. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

Why aren't there any white supremacist groups kidnapping and beheading Islamic dirtbags in our own countries?
    Why are we not funding this?

5. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

They're incapable rednecks.

Also: cutting a guy's head off takes a busload of stones.

2 people like this.
  6. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

What makes you say this (especially the bolded part)? It's not that cheap to bomb people on the other side of the world.

8. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

how do we know it isn't propaganda?

this isn't the 50s ...news is instantaneous....I know that probability alone tells me that there are many persons in this world that actually go to these places and report the truth as opposed to just throwing around absurdity.....do some people actually believe that every single report out of the middle east is controlled and dictated?

the logistics alone make that seem absurd

while I admit that many things in the news may be slanted, covered up.....or even lied about.....the bulk of info coming out of the middle east is believable.....there is no way the usa government could control the entire worlds lot of reporters,bloggers and citizens.....

even if people create news to curry favor for their cause...the actual events are well documented.....in video, pictures and text.....

9. vance2335

vance2335 Banned

I know several ex and current military and they are not begging to go kill people. Your view is very warped.

What is Hamas doing to Israel? Who started firing the rockets? So Israel is just supposed to take rocket attacks from Hamas?

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

That's why it makes sense for people who take an interest in subjects like this to not limit oneself to one or one kind of news source. If people limit their news sources to the one they most like or trust and proclaim to know it all and reject all other sources, opinions, stances, etc. just like that you know what time it is :p

11. Pressed_Rat

Nobody is saying that the average military person is begging to go kill people, but for the most part military people are trained to follow orders and not ask too many questions. The average soldier is fed the same lies that Americans (and the rest of the world for that matter) are being fed via their television sets.

Also, Hamas has not done anything to Israel that Israel has not provoked themselves.

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

there is an old star wars saying : Only the Sith deals in absolutes.

13. vance2335

vance2335 Banned

That is wrong, the military does train it's soldiers for war, but they also train them to think. A good friend was enlisted in the Marine reserved, went to college with him. He is now an officer, he has always been trained to yes follow orders, but if those orders go against human rights, freedom, anything like that, he was told to question those orders and even go to someone higher up.

He commanded a Howitzer platoon in Afghanstain.

So because some teenager was killed as a result of another teenager being killed in Gaza/Israel that gives a terror group Hamas the right to launch rockets against innocent civilians?

14. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Ahh so that explains it...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/nation/2014/04/25/suicide-rates-army-military-pentagon/8060059/

15. Pressed_Rat

It's a good thing they're trained to think (perhaps the biggest oxymoron I've heard in my life), because they obviously weren't thinking too much when they decided to join up.

16. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

So, we can just forget about the fact that the Israelis kicked the Palestinians out of their homes-literally stole their homes from them and took them over right?

Cause if that happened to you you'd just sit there and take it, right?

2 people like this.
  17. Pressed_Rat

You're not supposed to say that, though. It's "anti-Semitic."

18. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

lol.

Well... a fact is a fact though.

And I just felt that sometimes people should be reminded of that when they continue to say this is all Hamas fault because Hamas is the one firing the rockets. Based on those statements you'd think it started there...

19. vance2335

vance2335 Banned

You are a joke, without the military we are not a free country.

20. vance2335

vance2335 Banned

So you want to relive history? Why not go back further then that? Then you will find out who stole what.

Tags: