Someone You Have No Feelings For Wants A Relationship With You And Tells You They Don't Have Long To

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by tarotsailor, Aug 19, 2014.

1. tarotsailor

tarotsailor Members

Sincere question. Woman wants a relationship with a man she knows has no feelings, no attraction for her, and tells him she hasn't long to live. What do you suggest he do.

2. secret_thinker

secret_thinker Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Stand his ground.

3 people like this.
  3. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

i would wonder why she wants a relationship with a man she knows does not share those feelings she has

4. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

The dying wish of a woman is to have a thrill before she goes? Aww.

Is he apt for performance arts? If there's mutual understanding that it isn't real and it is a favor to her dying wish, I don't see why not. Can he live with himself, as a service boy on a service call, after she's dead?

5. tarotsailor

tarotsailor Members

They define "relationship" differently where you come from.

6. Le Aura

Le Aura Member

I would not have a relationship with them past a friendship. Anyone could die at any moment ya know...

7. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Don't do it...it is only a lie on the man's part then....so you are kinder not to.

1 person likes this.
  8. Moonglow181

not long to live? I never know whether or not to take statements like that seriousy or not.....If I care about the person, that might rush emotions out of me some what....and if I don't have any connection feelings with the person, I just would try to be a kind listener.....but hopefully,no one says they do not have long to live in order to manipulate anything. I would hope that would not be the case.

9. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

I think it would be kinder to simply try to remain a friend and be supportive rather than to try to foster a relationship that is not heartfelt.

10. Moonglow181

That way, if she is really dieing....she has a chance of something real......

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

What if against all odds she might not die for a year or 2? Would you keep up your 'favor' or say I quit after a year or so? :p Nope, bad idea clearly.

12. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

^ This. A couple years later (after miraculously being healed) she'll want to get married and have a dozen kids.

In other words: you're screwed.

13. tarotsailor

tarotsailor Members

I'm glad someone posted to this because I couldn't find this and I wanted to update she's going out with somebody. Kinda like party buddies but good news anyway.

14. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

" a man she knows has no feelings, no attraction for her,"

Be unfeeling about it.

15. tarotsailor

tarotsailor Members

I gotcha. If I could turn off spontaneous guilt in my life.

1 person likes this.
  16. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Sounds like you have at least some feelings for her, in so far as you are concerned enough about her well being to post this. Good on 'ya for that.

Agree with posters above though that if you don't want to be romantically involved with her it's better not to be.

If you can be a caring friend to her, (and that's what you really feel), that would be nice.

The party buddy will probably disappear when the going gets rough. If you could visit her if she's in the hospital or something, that would be a nice thing to do, but it also sounds like she may be pretty needy, and it's good to be aware of your own boundaries.

She should probably see a therapist about this. If she can't afford one, there are often free or sliding scale services available. It sounds like she would benefit from building a support network, a bunch of different people that she can connect with that can help her through this without putting too much burden on any one person. You could even suggest that she get an account here, but at the same time that might infringe on your own privacy.

What she's going through is the sort of thing that's a lot easier to deal with if you've built up a network of close family and friends over the course of decades, and they're therefor willing to go through the hardship of supporting her.

I think it's relatively rare these days for people to have that level of deep, strong relationships that they can rely on when shit like this happens, and many of us may find our self in the same boat :(

She may also want to look into some alternative medicine/ tai-chi/qi gong. I'm told that many of the tai-chi masters started practicing because they were told that if they didn't do it, they would die.

1 person likes this.
  17. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

here's a link to some death and dying forums that i found https://duckduckgo.com/?q=death+and+dying+forums

none of them look super active though

a support group where she could meet with other people who are going through the same thing might be really good for her

1 person likes this.
  18. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

yo that hoe trying to trick you, i be like "naw nigga naw, im straight!"

19. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Thread sounds like a telenovela....

[​IMG]

Dieing? Dying? Is both correct? Please someone (who is not Moonglow) answer.

20. secret_thinker

secret_thinker Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It's "dying" but if you get the meaning, it probably doesn't matter.