Trees

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by volunteer_tommy, Aug 16, 2014.

1. volunteer_tommy

volunteer_tommy Elongated Member

2 people like this.
  2. Shaktimother108

Shaktimother108 Members

That's rad! You can also help the environment by being vegetarian/vegan. Saves water, ozone, etc. and growing your own food creates photosynthesis increasing O2 levels in the atmosphere.

1 person likes this.
  3. carlo dee

carlo dee Members

everyone hug one, they ask so little.

2 people like this.
  4. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

nonsense...complete nonsense

"The truth is that agriculture is the most destructive thing humans have done to the planet, and more of the same won’t save us. The truth is that agriculture requires the wholesale destruction of entire ecosystems. The truth is also that life isn’t possible without death, that no matter what you eat, someone has to die to feed you." Lierre Keith “The Vegetarian Myth”

2 people like this.
  5. Pieceofmyheart

IMO....people know what plants do...even house plants to the air quality. So it make perfect sense that trees outside would do the same. But the article speaking of the health benefits of trees left out a lot of variables.

First of all, if you live in a city, I think there are many things that affect your health. Constant noise, lights,people's energies,huge amount of electricity and media crap, exhaust from cars...all those things affect one's health in a negative way. Walking through the woods is good for your health not only from cleaner air but being away from all the hubbub that comes from living there.

So, instead of the health benefits of trees...I think it is the health benefits of not living in a crowded city.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Eating less meat and being selective in the kind of meat you choose to buy and consume seems at least as constructive as becoming a vegetarian and munch on soy and what not. But both approaches can be a step in the right direction. It all depends on the details and what kind of food you buy and industries you are supporting. It is a fact that the majority of meat eaters are supporting unhealthy industries at this point. Unhealthy for everything, humans, animals, trees. But... the same counts for a lot of vegetarians/vegans that think they're there by just cutting out meat and buying veggie stuff.

Anyway, cities with a lot of trees are great too and they're around as well (could be more of them of course). Hugging random trees on the other hand could be a form of harrasment ;) jk there

7. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Vegetarian diets do far more damage with regard to trees being cut down for farmland. It's bullshit that diets which contain meat are bad for the environment, but somehow vegetarian diets are good for the environment.

2 people like this.
  8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I read that book. She makes a lot of outstanding points.

1 person likes this.
  9. Pieceofmyheart

Would be nice if more vegan/veggies would arm them selves with some facts. I sure hear a lot of ignorant comments from them.

[​IMG]

and I love trees....

2 people like this.
  10. deleted

deleted Visitor

if people didnt eat pigs. the pigs would be out of control eating up all the vegetation, belching methane .. that's just one instance.

11. Asmodean

I hear and read a lot of ignorant convictions from both veggies and fellow meateaters.

12. Pieceofmyheart

That's true also.

13. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

To a Very Large degree, I like the natural way of things, as opposed from man-made intervention.
    Exceptions could be when water / wells and educational / IT links are made for humanitarian reasons, as opposed to Commercial benefit.
    De-forestation; and on the scale it is has a great damaging effect on both the environment and it's our future.
    Planting (and appreciating) Trees is a just cause - but only one part of a grander solution.
    Each of us as individuals has their own part to play, and every little bit counts.
    Of which we do is a matter of conscience

14. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

I'm oak . Aaaa? How are yew , Love ? Jah roots .

15. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I think much can be learned from nature.....
    and sometimes man gets in the way... :D

16. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

I've always felt like hugging a tree released the most amazing energy. It's such a spiritual connection! Mother Earth needs our physical love as much as we need hers!

1 person likes this.
  17. Redditswordsman

Redditswordsman Members

All good stuff. There is other things that you can do as well to help the environment. Minimize waste by recycling things properly, reuse containers, shred paper,. You could even suggest a waste management system at your workplace.

18. lovelyfoxes

lovelyfoxes Members

19. Asmodean

I don't really get them. They all went to the barber shop here around the same time. And that while it's getting cold.

20. Asmodean

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.