Fruit Juice Is Not Healthy

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pressed_Rat, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Freshly squeezes and with fibers is a lot better already then getting it prepackaged from the store. But if its all the juice from more than 4 oranges it's still a lot of sugar at once.
    I guess then it depends what a person does before or after the consumption of that much orange juice.

David0301 likes this.
  2. David0301

David0301 Members

great great comment. thanks
    also you forgot to mention that fruits are there to be chewed and mixed with saliva before swallowed. in order to neutralize the plants imune system. yes plants have an imune system to protect from insects. now , drinking it surpasses the whole process. ever wondered why you feel dizzy when having a big freshly juiced fruit shake?

3. Kerri

Kerri Members

This reminds me of the CrossFit idiots who started also pushing that water is bad for you - citing the drowning of poor Tom Brady as an example.

4. shaillythomas

shaillythomas Banned

fruit juice is healthy for us

5. Asmodean

Its not that simple.

6. David0301

David0301 Members

kerri....

7. Kerri

Kerri Members

There absolutely positively zero negative impacts of consuming a normal amount of fruit juice within the context of a healthy lifestyle

8. Asmodean

Indeed. And a lot of people don't have a really healthy lifestyle. In fact, some of the people with an unhealthy lifestyle think they're improving it by consuming half a liter of orange juice in the morning. Now, that's why its not that simple to state orange juice is good for you/healthy.

David0301 likes this.
  9. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Well, one could argue that the calories and sugar consumed in the juice could have been better spent on healthier alternatives. But, that could be said for any indulgence.

10. Kerri

Kerri Members

No question you could make better choice but that doesn’t mean that a fruit juice in moderation will have a negative impact

I also think it’s really unfortunate to look at every single god damned bite of food in that level of detail. Eat a healthy diet but don’t micro-analyze everything

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm not too concerned with drinks. I think it's what you eat while drinking whatever. If I feel like too much fizz drink consumed I go for a walk. :p

12. I drink a lot of TEA

God damn you

13. But I put sugar on my grape fruit, Edith

14. OH and tell me about Carrot Juice

It's the fucking bomb

15. kuriiroobi

kuriiroobi Members

I do absolutely love fruit juice, but I prefer the juice squeezed by myself…or you can also buy it at some special stores where they sell nice fruit juices (this is what I love in South America and it’s sooo cheap!) – Anyone knows booster juice in Canada!? I passed there more frequently than at Tim Hortons just to buy some juice :D Well, it might not be the healthiest thing on earth, but you can also put some vegetables in your juice and it’s obviously way more healthier than these sugary stuff that most of us drink (such as coke…)

16. Mongooseuk

Mongooseuk Members

It depends on what juice it is. I drink pomegranite juice sometimes. Mostly kombucha which is tea with something else in it.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  17. Bought fruit juices are pretty loaded with added sugars. I stick with quality clean water and sip all day..