Operation Ferguson - Anonymous

Discussion in 'Protest' started by Aerianne, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

2. Aerianne

Call for protest this Sunday

http://youtu.be/E5ILVzhC4es

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

And who is Anonymous? Since they're "anonymous," they could be just about anyone -- including the government.

4. Aerianne

You could be government for all I know.

2 people like this.
  5. Skip2

Skip2 Administrator Administrator

The unwarranted militarization of police departments in the US is disgusting and dangerous.

But then again, what do you expect when citizens have their own arsenals?

The police want to be ready for anything...

Of course, this makes the cops bolder and more likely to use excessive force.

And the display of firepower (I saw snipers and machine guns at the ready for a protest).

Governments have proven again and again they will defend themselves even if it means killing their own UNARMED citizens in cold blood.

It's good to see Anonymous hasn't been completely taken down. Where have they been lately?

6. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

There is a problem of police brutality and abuse of power. Whenever there is a conflict between a police officer and the public, it's usually the word of the officer vs the word of the individual.

This is why i think that all police/public interactions should be captured on video, so it can be proven exactly what happened.

There is also a problem of vigilantism, mob reaction, and distortion by the media.

I heard an interview with a reporter who claims that there is video showing Ferguson protestors attacking police, but apparently the media has decided not to show that video.

I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon of labeling the police the bad guys until i know more about what went on/ is going on.

Frankly, Anonymous is creating more problems than it solves (if indeed it solves any problems). They apparently released information about the identity of the officer in the Brown shooting. Is that really a good idea? What if they named the wrong guy? What if they named the right guy, but a vengeful mob ends up killing innocent people in the process of attacking him? What if they named the right guy, but it turns out the mob has the facts wrong in this case?

Even if the guy they named is guilty as hell, it seems like we are better off handling justice through the courts than through vigilante/ mob justice.

The system needs to be fixed, but this is not the way to do it.

7. Aerianne

It seems like the police have answered by naming the officer. I understand that the officer and his family have been moved away to safety.

It's been said that Anonymous named the wrong person prior to the police release.

Who knows?

Is the government going to tell the people that it has started answering to us?