Sangha Chat.

Discussion in 'Buddhism' started by Fairlight, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

How's that? For the first method at speculation for the picture thought language precedes communication; for the second method at referring to picture thinking communication precedes language. Must there not be a record of people's encounter?

2. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

I mean the expectation of each. What kind of record do you need?

One kind:
    John walked to the store?

Another kind:
    John walked to the store with a haughty air about himself.

The first kind is more than sufficient to organize your life and correctly identify a persons actions. The other kind is full of relative uncertainty and really besides the issue of what john did.

3. thedope

What do we do with the idea of more correct which inversely is the idea of degree of difficulty?

Consider what is false, incorrect, by definition is not true and therefor does not exist. There are no degrees of falsity.

What is real cannot be threatened by what is not real but we can be deceived in appearances.

All that is extant is lawful being real but not all that is perceived is helpful.

Helpful is the convergence of current circumstance with desired aim.

Learn to ask the question, what is it for.

4. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

:D Depends upon whether for the analysis of devotion is as it is the system needed for having a devotee to it; from that we (The devotion and the devotee) deduce the system which is plausibly false. That sort of engagement is trusting. Trust possesses knowing each others' System, a positive gift for the Essentialist grace.

5. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Where does the Buddha fit into all this? He dead I guess...But he left something for us if you care to look into it.I'm still looking.There is evidence that Buddha was a real historical figure,but he never wrote anything down.All the texts are handed down from his disciples.What do you think?

6. thedope

What did he leave? I think either or are practically accurate. If buddhas personality or acts are important too bad for us because as you say he ain't here.

7. thedope

Everyone's system is self interest. When the interested self see another's interests as equal to his own he becomes a teacher of god/good.

8. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

So you, thedope, trust the bank for a good lover's devotion. Some kind of trust short of the God which makes out the Ethics suspended at the factual time of our deeds Doing and Giving. But you do claim that the devotion appears with the want of being one for the other(s).

9. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

So do we aspire to be truly gone,like a candle blown out after a stormy night,maybe leaving some footprints in the sand to be washed away by gently lapping waves if we are so lucky...

10. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

http://youtu.be/7h-e-uuEC2Y​

11. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

I think we aspire to the truth.

12. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

I think it's good to come to terms with the fact that whatever's done is going to fade, but I don't think we should aspire to something that's going to happen naturally, it seems like a misplaced effort. Do what can be done and do it better than it can be done.. the rest isn't up to us.

Beauty is tragedy, but martydom is a silly idea :D

13. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

The truth is that in most cases not much is done , on the computer, on the wanting to become how it is best educated to Be (coining the Sheep herders final want being called to in P. O. Coehlo's "The Alchemist").

14. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

So it's occurred to me that when I'm in deep shit pacing around the flat thinking of running a knife through my guts,I never say "Buddha,Buddha,Buddha,please help me".No it's always "Christ,Christ Oh Lord Jesus Christ...".It thus seems very hard to escape the Judaeo-Christian tradition I am born into,even though my parents had an Indian guru who taught them meditation.IDK.What'ya think?

15. thedope

Well I think it is not really a belief that comes out but a common expression of frustration.
    Frustrations only progressive route however is despair.
    All is available unless you are dead.
    You can afford to be patient and if you forget someone in sangha will remind you

16. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

I will try and take the patience you have afforded me.Is it something to be given? I think in my case it is.

17. thedope

It feels like a load off...is like trust that reality supports it's constituents

18. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

I am embarking on a five day home retreat.I will be detoxing my mind and body.No meat,cigarettes etc.I have plenty of work to be getting on with here at home.Plenty of cold water and green tea should help to flush out the toxins,and I am welcome to enjoy my predicaments.Namaste!

19. thedope

Have a good time.

20. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Thanks.I will endeavor to.