St. Louis Protest

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by ywarpeace, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

nope, it sounds like he would be fine with minorities living under Marshall law. If this involved a bunch of white people I bet he would be all "we have the right to bear arms against an oppressive government." he just strikes me as that type.

I was going to say the exact same thing you said about racial profiling. Stopping someone just because they're black and a known drug dealer is black is exactly what racial profiling is.

2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

not letting me quote vances obvious racist views....and its a good thing because I don't wanna be responsible for spreading his racist bullshit

dude....its the police that push drug dealing into the low income areas.....

do you actually believe all black people in known drug areas should just expect questioning by the police because of where they live....dude...give up already....your argument has fallen to pieces

its people like you that should NEVER be allowed to become popo

3. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

ftr vance....ALL my drug dealers are white....every single one of them

4. vance2335

vance2335 Banned

Marshall Law to stop people from rioting and looting? What has been happening is people are going out committing crime in the warped view that it brings them justice for something that has no effect on them.

5. vance2335

vance2335 Banned

Nothing I said is racist. And no one should live under marshall law and nothing like that is going on.

I'm happy that your drug dealers are white and they should end up with the rest of them in jail.

My argument is always backed up by facts not emotions like yours.

6. vance2335

vance2335 Banned

Yes we do have the right to bare arms legally. If people want to break the law with fire arms then they should go to jail.

7. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

While I was reading Aeri's post from above this one I was thinking and gonna say that in known drug areas MANY MANY MANY times it is actually WHITE people who get pulled over or otherwise stopped by police ----then I saw that Vance kinda said that in first sent. of this post.

I have been stopped MANY times in North Philadelphia neighborhoods and black cops flat out told me it's because it's a known drug area and we obviously didn't live there. (Only not in words as nice as that.)----but in any case, I PERSONALLY don't think it's right when the police stop anybody- black OR white for just being in an area. They do it all the time but I don't think it SHOULD be allowed.
    I used to also have things like that happen when I was a green or purple haired 17 year old w piercings. Was sitting in a parking lot just TALKING...literally, clothes on---no smoking weed or drinking or anything-to my ex boyfriend when a cop stopped in the parking lot and said they had to search the car and their reason was "when teenagers hang out in parking lots they're usually up to no good...."----- that right there isn't fair but it happens.

So, my point is-don't really know for sure... just that the police do stuff like that all the time. They will justify (claim they have reasonable suspicion even if there is really no reason but some sort of profiling) stopping and harassing, searching, whatever.... anyone for any reason really. I myself think they should have to see something- you should have to have drugs or paraphernalia out or they should have to SEE you doing something illegal but really I think my point is if they don't HAVE to reason they will just make up one and win about it usually---because how is a person supposed to prove whatever bullshit excuse wasn't true?

8. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Some rioted and some looted but not all of the protesters and on-lookers.

It is unnecessary to fire rubber bullets and tear gas into the fence backed yard of a home because people are gathering there when they've clearly been driven off the street.

If there was no wrong being done by these local police they would not have been removed and replaced. They would not have been the focus of a presidential address.

9. vance2335

vance2335 Banned

Obama is an idiot, they were removed from the area to try to help calm the situation down.
    No not all rioted and looted, but a lot did.

10. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

That's no more true than to say, "the protesters must have been violent, because otherwise the police wouldn't have fired tear gas". The president can hold a press conference on anything he feels like, it doesn't prove any particular party is guilty of wrong doing. The president himself was cautious in the wording of his address, i think he said something like "you can't loot and attack police officers, police officers also can't attack peaceful protesters". He didn't come to any particular conclusion about the actions of the police.

It's good that the local police are no longer in charge since it will likely help to ease tensions, but conclusions about wrong doing and the law need to be based on facts rather than conjecture and media spin.

I haven't come to any conclusions about what has happened in ferguson, and i don't think that anyone else can reasonably do that either.

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

When the Boston bombers were on the run residents (white people) feared the police and convicted two men before trial. Talk about violation of due process and civil rights. No big deal cause the victims were foreign Muslims ..

Not to change the subject. They kill each other all the time. Wasn't for them killing each other. The police wouldn't be all over their hood like the roaches in the kitchen!!

12. vance2335

vance2335 Banned

So the men were not guilty in the Boston bombings? Due process is when you are arrested, that never happened.

13. Aerianne

I can see the police firing into a fenced backyard at a residence where people are gathered and I know that's wrong.

14. newbie-one

^ I'm not saying that the actions of police were right. I don't think you know all the details of what happened though. Hopefully more info will be available soon.

15. Aerianne

I don't need the details of what happened between the police and Mike Brown to formulate the opinion that the police were overbearing on the residents.

In other words, I am separating the two incidents.

16. ywarpeace

ywarpeace Ye Old Soul

the ferguson police force is a size of 56 officers of those only 6 are black, thats was a small part for the protest, but sure there was a small amount of looting in like the 1st and 2nd days, but now that the highway patrol is in there nothing has happened till tonight and even then i believe it was people just asking the clerk 'wtf' as for the cop that shot him they just released it today and NO he didnt have any facial contusions that was just bs that fox and msnbc spew, and the reason it took so long was because the review board wasnt sure it the cop and his family would be safe so vance u do have a point there, but that cop should be detained and loose his badge but thats not going to happen he's just going to get stuck doing paperwork for the rest of his life, just like with other cops in the same situation, but anyway the militarization of local police forces it out of line APV's, automatic weapons, humvee's, body armour, even as civilians we were to used our constitutional rights to bear arms we'd all get pwnd since we cant own anything near as good as what they have....really i just see america in like 5 years is going to be like northern ireland in the 80's

17. Ernesto Apocaloptimisto

Ernesto Apocaloptimisto self-banned

Sadly, people that are still living in cities are going to feel the brunt of the growing police state first. As far as I'm concerned, any area within 50 miles of a city larger than 100k is an imminent death trap. When I lived in the city, I dealt with cops, crackheads, tweakers, and gangbangers all of the time, no matter what neighborhood I was in. Since I've been in the boonies, I've pulled over a few times but each time, I told them I had no contract with them and didn't consent to being detained and they've smiled and let me go.

Cities are people zoos and the pigs are the zoo keepers.

Don't like the zoo keepers? Bust out of the zoo!

18. newbie-one

Yes, the question of wrongdoing in the Brown shooting and the question of wrongdoing at the protests are separate questions.

I think that you need to know the details of both to make a proper judgement.

If the police are correct in saying that one of the protesters drew a gun on them, that protestors threw molatov cocktails, or that protesters threw rocks, that has a bearing on whether the police response was proper or not.

19. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

the ''details'' have been all over the news enough to at least lean toward popo support in either incident or people support in either incident

I am leaning to wards people support....unless you have been personally affected by police brutality....or personally affected by racist popo....than you are just an outsider....

I grew up with many of these ''known drug areas'' only blocks away.....grew up with the black kids in these known drug areas....

they were persecuted and had their rights trampled on all the time.....

in my area we hung out behind buildings and in parking lots on a regular basis...we would go take drugs in the stairwells gather in fairly large numbers....without any problem from the popo other than really minor shit....

.I was never even searched until I was 18 years old....

I cannot say the same for my black friends in the bad areas....they were constantly being hassled and they were doing the exact same thing as we were...just hanging out in the area where they live................

the popo have no right to fuck with people that aren't breaking a law....period

20. Shale

Shale ~

So we have a killing of a local black youth under suspicious circumstances, with one side of witnesses saying it was unjustified and an execution by a racist cop. The community naturally gets very upset about this.

So, the pigs bring in a fucking military occupation into an angry community - WTF do you expect except increased anger?

That shit doesn't work in the occupied Middle East and it damn sure does not belong in a civil unrest in the United States. Training guns on peaceful demonstrators (a civil right guaranteed in our constitution) predictably made it more violent. And, it is not just this one incident of racial profiling or white pigs killing black kids - it happens all too frequently all over the nation. Shit adds up and the ppl lash out.

[​IMG]

While I have not lived in that area since 1963, I was raised there and know of the racism that exists in that Southern State. St. Louis should be more cosmopolitan but it is a dwindling small city in ruin (so insignificant it does not make the news like Detroit). And, old racist factions come out of the rubble of a once vibrant city and polarize.

It needs someone to diffuse the situation, not exacerbate it. Which is why the good-ol-boy cops in wannabe military uniforms sitting atop their military vehicles - very much the occupying army had to be gotten out of the pic by the state's governor. There is now a more mellow black man in charge who knows the anger and he seems to be calming the very volatile community.

[​IMG]

Of course that probably seems too pacifist for those with an attitude of a strong military presence to beat THE ENEMY into submission. But, police should not be an occupying force in their own city and the citizens are not the enemy.

4 people like this.