My feminist/egalitarian blog.

Discussion in 'Feel Good Feminism' started by aliensquid98, Jul 27, 2014.

1. aliensquid98

aliensquid98 Guest

I posted a link to an essay I wrote regarding my distaste for the "Women Against Feminism" trend on Tumblr hoping to get responses from intelligent individuals who have a background with feminism, positive or negative, and hear their thoughts about it. Maybe it would even generate a kind of debate, those are always fun to read. However, considering this is my first post, I have appeared "spammy". So unfortunately, despite my join date dating back eight months, this is now a futile thread.

Feel free to give your opinion on the "Women Against Feminism" trend here, I guess. However, I'm fairly certain there is already a thread on that, and we wouldn't want to prose on.

Have a rad day! :peace:

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Posting links to your blog as your first post just looks kind of spammy.

You're welcome to generate discussion on the topic here on Hip Forums.

3. aliensquid98

aliensquid98 Guest

I'm not really one to post a comment, I'm more of a reader. It's unfortunate that it looks "spammy", but I think it's okay to take pride in your work and share it in a place where people would actually be interested in reading it.

Isn't that kind of what this is about? I wrote an essay regarding an anti-feminist trend and my thoughts on it as a feminist. Had it been my second post would this have been considered acceptable? Don't mean to argue with a moderator, but that's just kind of odd to me.

4. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

I'm interested in checking out your blog but maybe stick around and get involved and then post it in the writers forum? Just an idea but....welcome.

5. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

there's a million spam posts on this site. there's really no reason to direct site traffic elsewhere if all you want to do is to make people aware of your essay.

you could post part or all of your essay on a thread (assuming it's not huge), or you could post the essay in a journal on this site, and posts links to it on a thread.

the point here is not to silence you but rather to prevent spam. there's no guarantee that a link does not (and will not at any time in the future) contain advertisements, malware, or be involved in commercial data collection.

you can probably get away with posting discussion-relevant outside links once you have more post :2thumbsup:

6. aliensquid98

aliensquid98 Guest

Thanks, sounds good.

Got it. Thank you. I understand why one might be ambiguous, I'm just disappointed I suppose. But then again, c'est la vie.

7. RandomVegan

RandomVegan Member

I just don't get womyn who want to be objectified or marginalized or just plain don't want freedom. Jessica Valenti said it really well in a tweet

"Other suggestions: #womenagainstpayequity #womenagainstDVshelters, #womenagainstvoting #womenagainstequality #womenagainstfemalepoliticians"

Give me a break, my mother could not have her own credit card, thanks to feminism I can not only have my own bank acccount I can even own property. The list is endless - yes we are not equal yet and the fight goes on but we are way ahead of the generations before us.

8. jessejones

jessejones Members

if you could make 3 changes to the Now Bill of rights. what would they be and jhow would you implement them?