Amanita Muscaria effects?

Discussion in 'Exotic Psychedelic Plants' started by AceK, Jul 25, 2014.

1. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

Not sure if this belongs here as mushrooms are not plants, but it's either here or magic mushrooms so i put it here.

I have read experience reports of this mushroom and have heard mixed things said about it. Some people say it was merely a strange sedative, while others said that it was a strong hallucinogenic/psychedlic.

My understanding is that this acts on the GABA system of the brain, which is unusual for a psychedelic. Sedatives like benzodiazepines also act on this system. I have heard amanitas described as a deliriant, or a dissociative.

Is the effect of this mushroom in any way similar to that of the z-drugs like zolpidem (ambien). Ambien is a gabaergic sedative but also has hallucinogenic effects that are quite interesting, and having not tried it, it seems to me that the effects of this mushroom would be most similar to this than anything else.

Has anyone tried it personally? i have heard the potency can vary a lot. I am slightly interested in trying it, if anything for the novelty.

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

drunk feeling, sometimes you mix alcohol it will make you puke and nauseous..
    feeling of super strength, feeling of being taller, like giant,, glossy eye,, sometimes wavy visions.. not hallucations, but waves in things, vivid vision., things look brighter.... pain reduced..

3. Sagebrush

Sagebrush Member

My wife and I gather amanita muscaria yearly. The key is proper preparation. In smaller doses it's a tonic for the body, pure enjoyment. Colors and life in general are more intense and clearer. I always feel really good the next day. Larger doses bring a dreamy, dopey state. More brings on nausea. A friend of mine did a whole bunch (unprepared and way way too much) and the emergency room looked possible but he got over it after dry heaving for a couple hours. Large doses become unpleasant, but that can happen with aspirin. Just start with small doses and see what you like.

4. Blair44

Blair44 Members

That's right, as mentioned previously, it's also important to ensure that the level of purity is appropriate. This will also help with better dosing. However, the truth is that the benefits of muscaria are very beneficial, even for the immune system. But everything must be done appropriately to enjoy them in a healthy and peaceful manner.

5. Coz the Shroom

Coz the Shroom Members

Muscimol bind to the GABA receptors with more affinity than GABA itself. Not a deleriant, Deleriant typically involve intrusive and repetetive thoughts, a feverish sensation, hallucinatory figures who appear real and who seem to be real-- the effect you get from Datura or Nightshade. It is a GABA Agonist and a Glutamate antagonist, so in this case the anti-glutamate response is strongly dissociatve. At a low dose it reminds me of DXM or MXE, but not so forced-- it feels more fluid and comfortable. At very high doses I experienced synesthesia, and effects similar to Salvia Divinorum at higher doses- again more comfortable. I had open eyed hallucinations once. Faces and strange movements in my peripheral vision. Once it puts you to sleep it can get highly abstract and conceptional. Eternalism is an effect I would frequently get asleep on high doses.
    "Perception of eternalism
    Main article: Perception of eternalism
    [​IMG]

The image above represents how a person under the influence of this component would view themselves as an organism. This is often described as being a singular structure which stretches through the physical dimension of time alongside of all other identically behaving structures which the universe as a whole is entirely comprised of.
    Perception of eternalism can be described as the experience of a major alteration of one's perspective of the fundamental mechanics behind the linear continuity of time moving from the past to the present to the future. During this state of mind, it feels as if all points across the timeline of existence are equally "real" and are occurring simultaneously alongside each other. Every point in time is felt to exist regardless of the person's current position within the overall timeline, much as all points in physical space persist regardless of the observer's location. However, it is important to understand that these conclusions and feelings should not be accepted at face value as inherently true.

While all moments are felt to be equally real, the directional flow of time is felt to be maintained, with the present always being the moment which is currently experienced. All moments in time are still felt to be linked together by causality, the past necessitating the present, which necessitates the future, and so forth.

A common conclusion that is reached during the experience of this state is that although one's life inevitably will end, it will apparently persist forever within its own timeframe and is therefore perpetual despite not being infinite in its length. Birth and death are therefore merely the start and end points of the range of time that a person exists in eternally, if not experiences eternally.

This sudden change in perspective starkly contrasts with the standard perception of time in which only the present is felt to exist, while the past no longer is and the future is yet to be.

Perception of eternalism is often accompanied by other coinciding transpersonal effects such as unity and interconnectedness and feelings of interdependent opposites. It is most commonly induced under the influence of heavy dosages of psychedelic compounds, such as LSD, psilocybin, and mescaline"

Amanita are a profound entheogen and nicely euphoric at lower doses. I think people minimallize the effect because, in my experience it presents reverse tolerance. The drooling is unpleasant, and when I did them many times a week the experience shifted. Once I had gotten familiar with the high the Euphoria was substantially less and developed often into a mild but distinct kind of dysphoria. What had been profound and amazing grew tedious and I kind of tranced out at all the wierd shit going on in my head and tuned it out where I was still experiencing all those powerful effects, but they held no fascination for me and I was far less immersed in the experience. That happened so regularly that I stopped taking them. Perhaps after many years the euphoria may return, but even at its best the drooling was very unpleasant. Thje drool would pool up on the pillow and the Coz the shroom would wake the up the cold and wet. This bothered me more than you'd think.