George Clooney Slams Daily Mail

Discussion in 'The Media' started by benfree, Jul 9, 2014.

1. benfree

benfree Guest

George Clooney has written a piece in USA Today condemning and correcting the Daily Mail and Mail Online for making up a story about him. He does not normally comment on media reports but has really objected to the article in the Mail.

The Mail has apologised and removed the story. Good.

Here is part of what George says:

It says Amal’s mother has been telling “half of Beirut” that she’s against the wedding. It says they joke about traditions in the Druze religion that end up with the death of the bride.

Let me repeat that: the death of the bride.

and...

The Daily Mail, more than any other organization that calls itself news, has proved time and time again that facts make no difference in the articles they make up. And when they put my family and my friends in harm’s way, they cross far beyond just a laughable tabloid and into the arena of inciting violence.

See here for more: http://www.newstwitter.com/george-clooney-accuses-daily-mail-of-dangerous-story-fabrication/

Well done George Clooney. What do you think of the Daily Mail? Personally I think they make up facts and stories.

2. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

My opinion of the mail - a vile rag for middle class morons..same crap as the Sun/scum wrapped up in slightly better english. It appeals to the very worst in the British character.

Firing squad would be too good for them.

3. Yellow_Forager

Yellow_Forager Member

The Daily Mail is the lowest of the low and you wouldn't believe the amount of money they are raking in with their sidebar or shame on their addictive website.
    Vile rag.