Revolution is coming!

Discussion in 'Anarchy' started by Yert, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Yert

Yert Member

2. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

In first world countries there won't be any more revolutions. It has become abundantly clear it must be done from within - a lesson learned by Americans in the 1960's when they realized protests accomplished virtually nothing. They didn't end the Vietnam war. They didn't even shorten it. The same can be said for Occupy - nothing really changed.

It's a slow, paced "conversion" so as to barely be noticed until it's too late. People are waking up to it now but the damage has already been done. Overwhelm the system to destroy it. We're well on our way.

cosmicdust and Flagme15 like this.
  3. ErikXRclimateactivist

ErikXRclimateactivist Members

I mean, we could all just unlearn what society has taught us, give all our money to the banks, and work together alongside Mother Nature to create a loving community where there is no currency, of course our species is far too overpopulated for that, and the majority unfortunately won't realise how that works and will get scared because it is drastically different. Let's see the rich try to eat money and drink crude oil when there's nobody for them to control with economy and social conditioning.

4. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

What a wonderful comment.
    A bit extreme, but you clearly pointed out the direction that today's society is taking.

PS, Don't give your money back to the banks, they have too much already. :yum::yum::yum:

tjr1964 and boubindica like this.
  5. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Dream on!

Flagme15 likes this.
  6. The revolution is well underway. That's just what comes from generation after generation of people who won't tolerate the old ways anymore. Those who just don't give a damn about human equality and human rights are on their last breath, and they know it. They're trying to consolidate power now, but their ultimate demise is inevitable. Do we have time, is the question? In a couple of decades, they'll be as done as done. But in a couple of decades, there might not be much left to work with.

7. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

A Fascist revolution maybe? As for a proletarian one, I see little prospect of that. Lenin explained in Маёвка революционного пролетариата (Mayovka of the Revolutionary Proletariat ,1913) that at least two preconditions are necessary: "the bottoms don't want and the tops cannot live in the old way". Later, he added a third: a high level of political mobilization of the toiling masses. From the Classics: Lenin on What is a Revolutionary Situation? - MLToday Seems to me these are the guys in the MAGA hats. Lenin railed against left-wing anarcho-communism that wanted to jump the gun, which he branded an "infantile disorder".“Left-Wing” Communism: an Infantile Disorder Trotsky elaborates on "revolutionary situation": the proletariat must be so desperate that it sees revolution as the only way out; the middle class must lose confidence in the traditional parties; and the ruling class must lose confidence in itself and split into factions and cliques. L. Trotsky: What Is a Revolutionary Situation? (November 1931) And he recognizes the danger that the middle class might embrace "a counter-revolutionary change, viz., a fascist change). If anything, I see the real possibility and danger of the latter taking place.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  8. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

A revolution, in America, had it's best chance in the 60s. Today, not so much. People get their revolutions from reality TV.

9. There has only been one revolution since the days of yore, and it has greatly succeeded. Fascism has no hope. Americans may watch a lot of reality TV, but just try coming for our children, or our mothers. It would be over quite quickly. When it comes down to it, the oligarchy largely don't even have the police on their side. Yeah, you hear a lot of horror stories, but most cops aren't going to abide that shit either. It's played out. We learned our lesson from history. Nobody wants it. Nobody wants the horror of six million dead. The rest of them may act tough, but when push comes to shove, they're almost all a bunch of crybabies, too.

All they can do now is one final push to try and keep the people in power a class above the rest of us, while their ranks fill with younger people full of more liberal ideas. They're over.

granite45 likes this.
  10. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I dunno, man. I don't see much sign of mass discontent. The stock market hit record highs today, and unemployment is at a record low. Of course that could all change quickly, but I I don't see any sign of it. Most Americans still love our country and are proud of its political institutions, especially the Bill of Rights. The Trump Administration tries men's souls, but I think Lenin and Trotsky would agree there's no revolutionary situation out there yet. One could develop if Trump tries some kind of authoritarian power grab. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

wrat1 likes this.
  11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Its been a while since there has been any major kind of terrorist act

And nobody seemed to have noticed ........or everyone seemed to have forgotten pretty quickly

12. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

13. rasta g child

rasta g child flower power

i do NOT believe in CHUMP having free reign

14. tjr1964

tjr1964 Members

They're isn't going to be any Revolution, just Terroristic acts by Trump extremists.

The American Oligarch already destroyed the Guardians of Plutocracy, all they have left are the Corporate Democrats .

2024 is the end of the Oligarchy that Ronald Reagan created .
    Trump's MAGA / Q Anon killed it.
    2026 is going to be the end of the Corporate Democrats, who are paid off by the same Oligarchic Donors, that destroyed the GOP.

The days of Corporate Dems fumbling the ball on the one yard line on behalf of their Donors, are ending .
    Progressives are going to route the Corporate Dems, just like MAGA .

Since Ronald Reagan's, wage stagnation, destruction of the High American standards of living and the shifting of the tax burden being shifted to the lower 83% of American Citizens .... the age of the end of Oligarchic Neoconic imposed Austerity is on the verge of extinction thru Democracy in 2024 and 2026 .