Peruvian Torch dried - disappointing experience

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by dazee, Jun 21, 2014.

1. dazee

dazee Guest

Hi people

I was really looking forward to my first mescaline experience. I've ordered some dried cuttings and powdered 30 grams of it. I've read online that it's pretty much enough for anybody. So I went to the forest today and... nothing happened. Not even nausea, which I was anticipating. Only my sense of smell changed. Everything was incredibly fragrant. But no colors, patterns, closed eye visuals etc. I took it 7 hours ago, and it's probably safe to say it's never gonna kick in...

Was the dose too low? Could anyone suggest something regarding Peruvian Torch? I don't want to give up on mescaline. Thanks!

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

The mescaline content of the columnar cacti varies quite a bit from specimen to specimen. That dose is low for most though, you should try 50 grams next time. If that doesn't work, then maybe try San Pedro. There are conflicting reports but I get the impression there are some potent Peruvian Torches but also some duds as where San Pedro seems more consistent.

3. dazee

dazee Guest

Thanks for this. I'll make sure to take more next time. Another question - does the dried cactus lose its potency if kept in warm(ish) conditions?

4. dazee

dazee Guest

I've just tried Peruvian Torch 60 grams dried.. No effects! I wonder if the cactus imported to UK is extremely weak at the moment? Anyone has any clue on this? So disappointed, again.

5. Legz1967

Legz1967 Members

Peruvian Torch is highly variable in potency, some sub varieties are reported to be 5% by dry weight, others are totally devoid of alkaloids. In your case I think that assuming your package of torch was active then you didnt take enough. My next door neighbours cat told me he prefers 70g of average strength torch on his travels. He also recommended Bolivian Torch (trichocereus bridgesii) as he finds the alkaloid content is much more consistant.
    Purrrrrrr.

6. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

best torch needs to be from large stressed plants - ones grown in temperate climates won't yield anything much

best to get powder from peru

also 30 gms is a starter - you need more like 75

if you want to trip
    it can be intense

i was in hawaii on mauna kea one day (it's the largest mountain from the sea floor)
    flew home - got torch powder and ate it
    and still felt like i was on the highest mountain in the world all day
    at sea level

neat experience
    has many many stages
    recommend start early like at sunrise with your lover