Widespread Panic

Discussion in 'Grateful Dead and Phish' started by trip105, Jun 10, 2014.

1. trip105

trip105 Member

I would had figured that there would be some spread heads here somewhere. I am a long time dead head and a longer time spread head. I was going to their shows back in 1991 when they played small clubs & bars. Went in the early 2000's when they played big outdoor venues, and am still on tour with them now that they have simmered down a little and are in smaller indoor venues. Never the less, they have always rocked out. We need a panic forum. Including an "I Miss Mikey" forum. I guess you can call me an old head because I was fortunate enough to see both Jerry & Mikey. 32 Grateful Dead Shows, 1 JGB show, & countless panic shows, and not to mention 107 post Jerry dead shows, including Ratdog, Phill & Friends, Further, and a few Micky projects. I NEED A SHOW!

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I am seeing them at Red Rocks.

3. alpha_centauri

alpha_centauri Members

I saw them once, they opened up for the Allman brothers who I used to tour with. They are OK but I don't like John Bell's singing and Jimmy Herring is the only good thing about them.

I'm actually glad the Allmans broke up since they were becoming like WSP with lots of cheesy covers, and too many guests.

4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

For a lot of the older fans Herring is just a sub par replacement for the original guitar player who died. He's not bad though I've seen him with Panic a few times and when he tours with The Dead.