Long Term Damage Of Ether?

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by Turn, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Turn

Turn Member

Does anyone know the short term, and long term effects of one time use or frequent use of ether? I have done a good amount of searching and have found nothing other than the damage from industrial situations. And also, can you only reply if you have a source, and not just what you have heard.

2. Turn

Turn Member

Allright how about this, anyone ever done ether? It is fun stuff, easy to obtain and easy to make (Poorly albeit). I am just suprised noone uses such a widley available and cheap drug.

3. Primus

Primus Member

www.erowid.org

It isn't widely availible. If it was, I would of tried it a long time ago.

4. Turn

Turn Member

No, I have tried every link on erowid's ether section, they have nothing on the after affects.

5. Primus

Primus Member

Well it does cause brain cell damage. It is an inhalant. If you read the experiances on erowid, it will give you a good idea on the effects.

Seriously, ether is very hard to aquire. I've wanted to try it for the longest time, but didn't know where to start looking. I don't think its illegal to possess, but still its very hard to get medical grade ether. I don't really want to be huffing anything in an arrosol either.

6. ThickSmoke

ThickSmoke Member

Ether is EASY to get! if ur 18 go into any gas station & buy a can of starting fluid(not stater fluid) and its easy to make after that. its is highly adictive, i was on a ether benge for 2 months before i finaly stopped using that shit.i stay far away from it now.

7. Primus

Primus Member

But that stuff is dirty

8. KissYourKiller

KissYourKiller Member

yes, i tried to scrub all the dirt off the ether chemicals, but there's just too much. god damned dirty chemicals. i was being sarcastic.

Seriously though, if you need to know the long term effects of using ether you are already fucked.

9. Turn

Turn Member

Well put

10. KissYourKiller

KissYourKiller Member

im not saying NOT to do it. I want to try ether myself sometime. MODERATION. i like hamburgers, but i dont eat at carl's jr every fucking meal.

11. ignignokt

ignignokt Member

i tend to beleive medical grade ether is safe if you dont pass out and suffocate somehow. i have used starter fluid ether before and i dont believe you can seperate it completely from the hexane. in my experience after using it i often found myself forgeting how to spell really commen sense words, but this effect went away with time of not using ether. so i believe it does brain damage, its pretty addictive as it causes sound and visual hallucinations, a damn good body high (best ive gotten off of any drug), perceptual alterations, and a fun head rush. it gives some people a head ache, and personally i have experienced the dredded ether induced dejavu after which i didnt use it for a while. i still occasionally have traces of dejavu and it may or may not be related to my past ether use. i have heard (through the web) of people passing bloody stool after frequent use, and i wouldnt put that beyond ether though i havent had that symptom (i never let myself binge though). to sum up starter fluid ether is a damn good drug but it will cause brain damage, it is really addictive, and it may potentially have nasty side effects with continued use. also if you purify it (remove the hexane) every time you purify it more it concentrates the ether and makes it effect you stronger. also hexane (the ingredient in starter fluid ether that cant ever be completly removed) is a known carcinogen (it gives you cancer).

12. clockworkorangeagain

clockworkorangeagain femme fatale

are we talking butane here? like deodearant cans, etc???
    When my friends and i were 13/14 we used to suck on butane a bit...but it grew old quickly and we heard stories of people dieing from getting bubbles int heir brains...
    the buzz is so brief and the only funny part is how deep your voice goes...
    any drug with chemicals is not gonna be healthy...and if they are gases then they would be more dangerous...

13. KissYourKiller

KissYourKiller Member

not to ruin your whole outlook on drugs, but every drug is a chemical/has chemicals in it...including anything you drink or eat for that matter.

14. clockworkorangeagain

clockworkorangeagain femme fatale

and hence, no drugs are healthy, however ones that are herbal have less chemicals in them as for intance pills and gases...

15. Turn

Turn Member

Oh yeah its fun, thats why it suprise me it is so little known. Anyway, what is this ether deja vu that ignigkont mentioned? I actually like the sound of it.

16. ignignokt

ignignokt Member

you can feel like what you are doing is familier, like it happened before, or like some kind of abstract precognition. its just an illusion that makes you feel a familierity with a situation. in my experience it was feeling like i was going to die and it was familier enough that it was like it was some kind of inescapable fate. so in my experience it was unplesent but the feeling in and of its self isnt really bad, its just kind of eerie.

1 person likes this.
  17. John42094

John42094 Members

Someone gave me so called "Molly" and I am having dejavue illusions picturing cringing up and dying, I ate the so called "Molly" and I think it has been coating my system and staying in my system rather than just detoxing. I think my brain is damaged from the so called "molly" and the Dejavue picturing death is my brain telling me I'm shutting down. I've never done ether that I know of but since that so called "molly" I was given I have been picturing death in my dejavues. I'm scared. It's been like 2 months sober.

18. John42094

John42094 Members

I think I'm going to die every day.