Boycott the news!

Discussion in 'The Media' started by HippieDude76, May 3, 2014.

1. odonII

odonII O

Don't you find when you ignore "indepedant" media you feel a whole lot better?

2. Sam Dodd

Sam Dodd Member

Can't argue with this. I watch BBC because it's the only foreign news channel we get, but I'm arguing with the TV providers to provide Al Jazeera and the French and German news. I'll read subtitles to just get away from this "You're so stupid, Americans, let me give you my opinion." mentality of Corporate news.

3. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Do you have Comcast? We have Comcast here and Al Jezeera is included in our basic cable.

4. odonII

odonII O

If you have the internet you can get any flavour of news you wish. America does have a lot of 'alternative' news media. You do NOT have to rely on the mainstream media from the US. It might be true that people do have to rely on what they get at certain intervals, such as the mainstream nightly news etc. If that is all they are plugged into I would say boycott that if if it does not sit well with you. Boycotting all news is just idiotic.

5. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I boycott whatever news is starting to make me feel more generally "bad".... what news I am "boycotting" (quotes because it's nothing intentional) changes from time to time. Too much news in general can also be very draining.

6. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

News is expensive; comment is free.

7. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

[​IMG]

8. Sam Dodd

Sam Dodd Member

Do not. Comcast cable here is so poorly run, we can't get a decent receiver.

I'll ask AT&T if they have it.

9. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

i try to avoid the news.... it's all bullshit and terribly depressing.

10. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Sadly nothing I dont think as there are too many sheeple who have been programmed to ONLY WATCH MSM NEWS!!

11. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

or Fox news

I like to know what is happening in the world without all of the personal opinions about it. I can form opinions on my own.

12. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Excellent,you havent been compromised :)

13. canon9

canon9 Member

Essentially I cut the major TV news out of my life during the last presidential election. Fox is the most aggravating. I refuse to listen to all the immature batter back and forth between candidates and the reporters telling me what they really mean. I hate the advertising, especially pushed on me on the internet. If I never see or hear anything about another Kardashian it will be too soon. It's amazing how you can keep up with the news without all the above. Peace at last.

14. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Some people, like Katie Couric, make watching certain news programming sophisticated and glorious.

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I don't find it that difficult to ignore the news at all, to be honest. I just find it incredibly stupid (if you take an interest in what is happening in the world anyway).

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

today's corporate america is just the same as that old joke about the old (pseudo)marxist ussr: there's no news in the news and no truth in the truth.

17. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

I only look at the local news if I'm out of town, just to see what's going on back there while I'm away.

Other than that, I get the news from the web.

The robots that I know and work with don't like to hear what's really happening.
    So I just keep my mouth shut about it, for the most part.

They're happier being sheep.

Sad, really.

18. Asmodean

Sad for you only it seems... Not that that makes it less sad. Although I guess it does if they are REALLY happier this way :p

19. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

A lot of people here have no clue how America looks from the outside these days, let alone what's being done to them on the inside.

20. Asmodean

Yeah that sounds not really beneficial for you or them...