First time taking Zopiclone? Have a read :D

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by SoVeryCurious, Apr 9, 2014.

1. SoVeryCurious

SoVeryCurious Guest

OK so before I get into things, I want to outline what I am hoping to offer from this thread.
    I am hoping my account, along with the many comments that follow, will be able to provide a place for first time users to get an understanding of the following:
    - What is the effect when used for sleep?
    - What is the effect when used for recreation?
    - What are the limits?
    - How do I avoid dependency?

=====
    What is the effect when used for sleep?

- Normally 7.5mg tablets are prescribed for patients that suffer from insomnia (such as myself). One tablet taken before bed should be more than enough to give you a good sleep. If you find you still cant get to sleep then I would sincerely suggest you try either 'in bed meditation' or 'Focused breathing' along side the pills as that not only builds a better sleep habit but also helps you avoid dependence.

What is the effect when used for recreation?

-Recreational with zopiclone means taking the pills and trying to stay awake basically. When you do this you need to make sure of a few things, do not try to drive while under the influence and also do not put yourself in a position where a slurred word or a wonky walk would become a problem.
    I myself am writing this article using whilst on zopiclone, if I had to describe the effects of what I am feeling right now I would list the following
    -Lovely feeling of relaxation, even in jaw (something I find hard to relax)
    -Very stable feeling of contentment and a desire to think and create (hence writing this article)
    -Drunk feeling, especially when you try to get up and move but manageable and clear headed (although memory can be tricky).
    -Minty/metallic taste in mouth.
    -Mild Visuals, lots going on behind your eyelids sorta like acid but the more you relax the more intense they become.

What are the limits?

- Do not take any more than 4 in 24 hours. Others may say "ohhh i did 13 and I'm fine" or " i did 8 and then had like 9 beers and I had fun" are just playing with fire so don't be a dick like them. My max is 3 as I don't want to ruin my tolerance or become dependent. Also with regards to mixing, fine with weed (makes memory a bit shabby tho) and with alcohol, limit to 1-2 drinks max (bare in mind there is a high likely hood of a black out the more alcohol you mix it with)

How do I avoid dependency?

- Never take more than 4 for any reason, this will either make you sick or work great and then make you dependent on something that can really harm your body at those levels.

Thank you for reading, I hope this helped and if not I hope the others will lend a hand with their experiences. Post Comments Below.

2. dontrllycare

dontrllycare Members

I take zopiclone regularly. I was prescribed 7.5mg a night, but I decided to start with 3.75mg as I felt that 7.5mg would be too much for me the first time.
    If you take it to go right to bed, take it while in bed and start trying to fall asleep right away. It'll knock you out within 10-20 minutes and you'll wake up 8 hours later feeling amazing.
    If you take it and don't want to go to sleep right away, you're going to experience some cool effects. As someone who's been taking Zopiclone occasionally for a couple months now I can tell you that the first time you ever take it is the strongest. The first time I took it and stayed up it made me feel drunk, and my limbs were incredibly heavy. It was fun though. Now when I take it and stay up, I feel more connected to my subconscious. I feel that's the fun of it - you get weird and random thoughts because your conscious mind is kind of asleep. I feel like it makes you more self-aware and aware - I've realized a lot about my life and what I want for myself while on zopiclone and I feel like that's why.
    Usually when I take Zopiclone I'll take it and stay up for 2-3 hours to feel the effects and think about my life and stuff, and sometimes in those hours I get the urge to create things and draw and write and learn and stuff too, and it's pretty fun. Then I can decide when I want to go to sleep, and I can usually fall asleep after a toke and laying down for a couple minutes, then wake up 6-8 hours feeling refreshed.