God: I or something else?

Discussion in 'The Psychedelic Experience' started by L.ifes S.ubliminal D.ream, Apr 7, 2014.

1. L.ifes S.ubliminal D.ream

L.ifes S.ubliminal D.ream Member

Hello all, its been years.

I have been experimenting with psychedelics since age 18. I have come across pretty much every molecule you can think of since then. I recently had an intense DMT trip which (like NUMEROUS other trips) has shown me that I am the universe and all beings are connected as ONE.

I would like to start a discussion on this.

I have gone through dozens and dozens of trips that have shown me that EVERYTHING around me is the product of my ego. I have been shown numerous amounts of times that "I" am "God" through lsd, psilocybin, and N-N-DMT. Every single time I come to this realization, it is blissful and I feel as though I have touched the true essence of my being with this understanding that "I am god". Its been a while since ive posted on hipforums and maybe a lot of you disagree with that statement. That being said, I want to raise a discussion on this.

I want answers based on what you guy's FEEL, not experience. To this day I feel as though there IS something higher than myself and that there is SOMETHING else playing a part in these trips (and my sober reality) other than myself.. I have had numerous occasions where my mind (or something else) has told me that "I need to stop doing psychedelics, that I have seen all there is to see" and I am starting to believe it. I have experienced SO many aspects of the psychedelic experience that I feel has changed my life for the better. The feeling one "oneness" being the most important aspect. But what is telling me this? My own brain? Hmm..

And again...this is where I would like to raise discussion...

This feeling of "oneness", is it just because "you (I)" am the only consciousness here? Or is this feeling of "oneness" achieved by experiencing god as a seperate entity?

Please, I would like to read your thoughts on this.

2. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Will your decision to use or not use depend on who or what is communicating the message to stop?

3. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

First off, sweet username OP

I, as I would assume any psychedelic explorer has experienced this phenomenon as well. As you wish that I don't speak from experience, I will do so, but I want it noted that I can relate to the euphoric bliss and serenity of being one

I think that psychedelics can be a real ego trip honestly
    It always comes up on any trip, the idea of "self" for that's where your headspace is

On deeper aspects, you really convince yourself to believe everything you witness as it is brought out to you, seems ingenious and flawless, and you seem to take back some of that to our perceived reality. But what can we make of this?

Are you God? Then what am I?
    --
    I'm pretty high right now, so I may continue some thoughts later

4. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

I do believe we are all connected as one. I've actually come across a lot of realizations and spiritual messages while just under the influence of marijuana. I've tried dmt three times now and I never seem to breakthrough. This last time, I got a message saying that my body was rejecting the dmt because I don't need to be shown anything that is shown through dmt because I already have all that I could possibly see in my awareness. I know it already and so I was told I don't need to do dmt, similar to what you experienced.

I do believe in a higher power, or at least believe it's possible, it makes sense to me. I actually believe in something along the lines of aliens being the creator. I'm also open to there being no higher power at all. Well if this higher power (alien gods) created us then we are also technically god because we're a part of these entities..

5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I feel with the really strong psychedelics like DMT and Salvia Divinorum that on my stranger trips I experience a sense of fracturing consciousness. I don't feel like I'm becoming 1, I feel like I'm becoming 1,000. I feel as if I am being integrated into those realms but the realms feel alien to me and as if there is some form of intelligence there which feels distinct from my psyche. Given that on particular Trips that there are drastically different realms experienced as well as the entities I've encountered in them, I feel that I am being shown particular realms rather than an all encompassing connectivity or something.

Shrooms and San Pedro have often seemed to produce sensations of intelligent spirits but in contrast these trips are more penetrating my mind rather than me being integrated into another realm.

You may not be smoking the DMT properly, you can't smoke it like marijuana. A DMT breakthrough is much more alien and out there than Marijuana. I really can't imagine anyone being able to access those realms brought on by DMT in natural consciousness, perhaps with some exceptions of say like a life long dedicated monks and some Near Death Experiences can emulate aspects of it but it is quite otherworldly.

In Standard biological processing, DMT gets metabolized before it reaches the blood brain barrier, so smoking it is essentially flooding your system with DMT before your brain has time to react to break it down but When you smoke it you have to get your full dose in under a minute or so. Smoked/Vaped DMT is really a fascinating technology which circumvents the standard processing of our biological mechanisms with this molecule.

6. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

My 2 cents:

That psychedelic feeling of one-ness doesn't mean shit. It's a mirage. A distortion of the truth, too exciting and stimulating. It's like the West End portrayal of Truth.. there's a motif of the truth, but it's still greatly exaggerated and covered in glitter and feathers and stage lights and all sorts of other random twinklies.

Mother nature's not like that. She's one seriously laid back lady, not into all that razzle-dazzle twinkly-sparkly shit.. What we give her, she gives back. There's none of this "I want" stuff.. cos "I want" gets nothing.

Ingesting a substance comes under "I want". It's instant gratification. Although, there's nothing wrong with wants. Theatrical performances are good fun, and there are some pretty artistic impressions of the truth that are well worth seeing.. but they're only that.. artistic impressions. Even our own truths are only impressions, but they're our own impressions.. psychedelics are alien impressions, incredible, but not our own.

Personally, I don't wanna ride on someone elses impression, no matter how incredible it is.

Lol @ re-reading this, but it works I think.

7. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

I didn't smoke it like I smoke mj. Well, I believe in reincarnation and I've also had some near death experiences in this life.. so I have died before. I feel like some people reading this are gonna think it's silly, well, they have no idea what resonates in my being.. I think I access dmt realms in a number of ways, including while I'm sleeping. I'm aware and connected and I don't need drugs to show me that.

8. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

I think it may be possible for rainy-day to be telling the truth, I am a very huge advocate for natural highs through meditation and sleep. I'm hoping I can find the link, there is this book I read that is about how to basically have psychedelic experiences without any Drugs through meditation.

.. looking for the link and stuff now. I got a free PDF of the book too, so you should be able to read it when I find it

DMT seems like a hard drug to replicate naturally though, because part of the experience seems to be just how overwhelming it is IME

9. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Meditation, other spiritual practices, and rare human states of consciousness may be able to take a person to a transcendent, peak experience, however I'm in agreement with Terence Mckenna insofar that I do not believe those experiences substitute or replicate psychedelic experiences, DMT in particular.

He brings up the fact you can meditate while on a psychedelic, it doesn't work the other way around. He goes so far as to say that he thinks these spiritual practices such as meditation were tools developed out of the psychedelic experience, which I'm not sure I agree with him to that extent, but it is an interesting view.

If one can reach transcendent, peak experiences by other means I got no qualms with that or do not not believe them and it's probably healthier. However almost all these spiritual practices take time to develop as where ingesting a full strength dose of a psychedelic can immeadiately bring about such experiences and in doing so I think they cause an effect on the mind which can't really be emulated via most or perhaps any other means.

10. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

I have felt that way before, that I was god and could even change the probabilities in the universe. And that all people in this world are all one the same person all across space time .

11. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

sorry, there are murderers in this world. Does not make me one.

12. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

I'm quite sure that ur not a muderer, moinglow:)

13. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

moinglow, eh? lol

14. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i kinda think we are just tripping. i don't think psychedelics necessarily bring us closer to "the truth."

but that's not to say that my life / attitude / actions have not been impacted by that feeling of oneness, brought about by psychedelics.

15. L.ifes S.ubliminal D.ream

First off, thank you for all the responses, its crazy to see the same users who responded to my questions almost 6 years ago STILL give awesome feedback like guerillabedlam and porkstock (how have you guys been?) as well as newer users.

But MeatyMushroom, I really like this post and I can really relate. But if these "impressions" are not our own and alien, do you believe aliens or some other higher power has control over our realities?

16. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i've been pretty great overall. nice to see you back around :)

17. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

I have absolutely no idea :D I don't believe in control though, so that's probably a no.

There's a possibility that, if those things exist, they could influence our realities.. but definitely not control. I don't think it matters anyway. I don't care who stirs my coffee, as long as it gets stirred :p

The alien thing was just an analogy though. I do get the feeling with mushrooms that it's not just a chemical reaction, unlike LSD, and that there's definitely a "teaching presence" of some sort. Or we drift in their currents, learn such a lot, and naively describe it as a "teacher".. who really knows.

Not sure if I'm rambling, just woke up. Time someone goes and stirs my coffee :D

18. L.ifes S.ubliminal D.ream

I feel that the entire point of the trip is to recognize and listen to the teaching presence, otherwise you are doing it wrong. Interesting way of looking at it though, that's for sure.

19. rasta g child

rasta g child flower power

god = good