Chris Knight

Discussion in 'Country, Bluegrass and Old Time' started by -Yggdrasil-, Mar 17, 2014.

1. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

Has anybody ever listened to Chris Knight?

I think he's wonderful. Similar to Steve Earle in the song writing department but he's a bit more rough around the edges vocal wise. More rugged and raw which I think I like a touch better than Steve's polished up sound.

I've been listening to Chris for about 9 years now and never tire of his stuff. Recently I've got more involved with Earle's music but getting back to Chris I think I like him a touch more lyrics wise. His songs aren't as love friendly as Steve Earle's, he has a decent body count in his earlier releases and yeah, I really think his writing is brutally honest and truthful.

2. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

How did I miss this guy,thanks.

3. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

I knew a Chris knight, but he was a flooring salesman...

4. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

I found him completely by accident while I was searching for new music for my dad. I read an article that his music was raw and true similar to Steve Earle so I bought him the first cd on release, self titled Chris Knight and my old man loved it. Mind you I was still in high school and never appreciated it. Then one day I got into Steve Earle and dad said I'd like Chris Knight and it was like where has this been all my life!

5. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

Spent a whole lotta time listening to him today. A thousand thank yous.

6. creampie00

creampie00 If you can't DODGE it....RAM it!

Chris Knight is awesome, I stumbled upon him while I got caught in Youtube conundrum. He's a solid musician and does sound a lot like Steve Earle. It's hard to find good country music nowaday, give this guy a listen, his music is different

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I thought his new album Little Victories was excellent and really adored the "Hard Edges" song done with more instruments than on trailer tapes.

8. briezie13

briezie13 Members

Yes, and what a songwriter he is! I like him a lot.