Russia capable of turning USA into dust - NEWS

Discussion in 'The Media' started by lunarverse, Mar 16, 2014.

1. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

Today, Sunday March 16, Dmitry K Kiselyov - A Russian news anchor personally chosen by President Vladimir Putin to "lead an official news agency charged with explaining Kremlin policy to the world," claimed on Moscow's evening news that, "(Russia is) the only country in the world capable of turning the U.S.A. into radioactive dust.” while seated in front of a picture of a mushroom cloud.

Althought his comment naturally sparked many feelings and whispers of a Cold War revival, many local viewers were shocked by and outspoken against his comments.

As if tensions weren't high enough already, Kiselyov went on to follow up his inflammatory first comment by discussing "Russia’s ‘dead hand’ system that will destroy America automatically after all Russians are dead."

Maybe Kubrick's Dr.Strangelove was stranger than fiction. And a little more factual.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/the...QGPwoDgCQ&ved=0CCYQBSgA&biw=480&bih=295&dpr=1

2. RandomVegan

RandomVegan Member

3. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

So, whats new? :coffee:

4. lunarverse

What's MAD?

5. RandomVegan

RandomVegan Member

MAD - Mutually Assured Destruction

p.s. there was an article attached explaining the whole thing

6. lunarverse

The link wasn't working on my crummy phone. I got it now.

7. Gongshaman

The thought that we would all be destroyed by nuclear weapons has been with me as long as I can remember being able to comprehend the concept, maybe since 7 or 8 years old :(...I was born into a world with this MAD insanity, fuckers cain't scare me n' more...

Piss on the goddamn war-mongers! :biker:

8. RandomVegan

RandomVegan Member

use my phone for calls, texting and maps (since I am on a bicycle in a new city) not much else. I prefer real computer for this stuff. (and actually prefer real life interactions)

9. lunarverse

Me too. Unfortunately a computer isn't currently capable with my modest budget. As for people, I've yet to find many that interested in current affairs. That's why I appreciate this place so much.

Back to Russia.

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Lol. This is funny. Because it's really stupid to think that if America turns to dust that the rest of the world will sleep easily. Like America probably has nukes in space. So if they get nuked, they nuke back and that's done and dusted. Why bother with all the threats. No one is going to do shit anyway.

11. Gongshaman

Exactly, it would be stupid. And I don't care what anyone thinks, world leaders didn't get to where they are by being stupid.

12. lunarverse

Some of them got there on Daddy's money...

JFK... *cough*... GWB... *cough*

13. OddApple

OddApple Member

Haha except obama - he's insultingly stupid, but at least you can laugh

14. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

15. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Last night .. while falling asleep .. I saw a wind turbine. Just after that I saw a weapon base with an intense bright electric blue glowing light accompanied by the following message: "we have nukes".

16. dwight78

dwight78 Member

The power balance in Russia today is worse than in the days of the USSR. Putin is the indisputable king and he misses the Cold War rivalry. Some short people could be dangerous.

However, I blame the West for pushing too close to his sphere of influence. I don't believe in pro-democracy shit as unorchestrated and so does Putin.

17. OddApple

OddApple Member

We have someone who thinks they are an "indisputable king" too, but ours is a stupid, phony, cowardice parasite that doesn't even belong here on a mission to get us. Hopefully, it will go the other way around.

18. RandomVegan

RandomVegan Member

he is a bigot and a dictator and would be that way no matter what was occurring outside his nation

19. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

MAD is probably a very big part of why the cold war remained cold.

The US isn't going to go to war over Crimea, and Russia isn't going to keep pushing its luck or invade other countries. I don't really know enough about Crimea to say for sure what the best course of action here would be, but in every conflict situation it really isn't hard to find people willing to publicly state that they would rather be on your side.

20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Me thinks sanctions. Making a big effort to get totally independant from Russia energywise. So they can keep their gas and we our money and standards. Yes, I'm not primarily talking about the USA here.