Do you know who you "truly" are?

Discussion in 'Existentialism' started by ginalee14, Mar 13, 2014.

1. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Others have already said it, but yes.

Kinda like when people claim they are enlightened instead of seeking to be enlightened.

2. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Correct, I haven't expressed it in words. I could, but I already know how it would go.

Sure I could still communicate with others but the content would be greatly different from what it currently is. It would depend on other recognizing my true identity and I recognizing the true identity of other. In *that* sort of connectivity is .. well it's like that famous picture of two fingertips touching (I forget what it's called). It's rare, I think .. for two or more people to connect like that. We spend MOST of our time and our lives in this daily life of personhood. For example, in my human form and my human existence, I'm just some 38 year old female living in New England. But I'm significantly different from that in who / how / what I "truly" am. That applies to everyone.. it applies to all of us.

3. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Have you had your celebration yet? I had a parade. lmao

4. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

There is no negativity positively. You are looking at two voices not of the same mind, a mind split. A mind undecided of the fundamental nature of the world, is it good or is it bad. Matter has three properties, absorption, reflection, and polarity. Negativity is not a property of matter. Because negativity is not a property of matter constructs negatively conceived have no material effect, that is what is false is by definition not true. What is real cannot be caused to be unreal and what is unreal does not exist.

So there two voices making a claim in you on the quality of the world. If you decide which to agree with the other will cease to contend and so you will weed out the contender and be left with the one you love. The answer of your wise voice always comes as some form of peace.

5. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

People think reality isn't real and that it's all just a holographic projection. Some scientists say that matter doesn't actually exist but I don't think that's an absolute. I think it's just a mental concept that people understand very well, but is no more than a concept. Paradox ... existence both exists and does not exist, simultaneously.

matrix phonetic: May Tricks (tricks of consciousness). May would translate as "possibility".

6. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Negation! Something can exist but go unrealized. To *realize* something is to make it real. It's already real but in negation or unrealization, it exists in a condition of .. well, it's brutal.

What's that story of ships on the water but people couldn't see them (because they didn't know they existed)? They existed, but they went *unrealized*. It was the ripples on the water that people realized that they knew .. something ... muahahhaha.

7. thedope

You see only the past and neglect the future far from predicting it.

So you're just talking to hear your gums flap?

I'm greater or special is the ego's greatest defense against the truth.

8. thedope

No dear what is real may be re-cognized, known again, or not. Nothing is more gentle than nature.

See above. They learned what ships were because they had vessels of their own.

Fear is the reason for brutality. The truth, recognition, sets us free. Knowledge is being shared.

9. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

I love answering that one.

I never needed to seek enlightenment because I always *was* enlightened. Enlightenment is inner-light.

It's a light comparable to that of the sun and NOT like an electric light. People can close their eyes and go inside.. and they should be able to see inside (with a pretty, pretty light in there!). ANYBODY can be enlightened. It isn't a genetic privilege or "elite" blood line thing, and anybody who says it is is quite mistaken.

10. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I know how to find my inner light (peace)....
    but I don't think I'd go so far as ever to say I am enlightened because typically as soon as you start thinking that you've arrived, it can start to slip away.... I like the seeking and being but I don't ever think there is a completion.

11. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Why do you negate me? lol

The people in the story of the ships on water did not have ships. They were not aware that ships existed, so they could not realize them (see them). They DID see the ripples in the water, which is how they eventually came to see (realize) the ships.

Life can be brutal without fear being a cause or element.

12. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Why do you claim to know what I see? I'm quite correct in what I say.. the difference is, I know it and you can't know it. The only way for *you* to know what I'm saying is true is if I "prove" it to you. But I don't need to prove it, because I already know it.

Identity is not ego and ego is not identity. I / ID / IDENTITY.

You don't have to converse with me if you don't want to. But I haven't insulted you so why do you insult me?

13. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

I suppose there are various definitions of enlightenment but it just means inner-light. How enlightening! lol

Ever hear that saying "the light's on, but nobody's home"? I never quite liked it but at least they knew there's an inner-light.

There's completion for some people. Ask the twin flame people, they know about it.

14. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Twin flame people?

15. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

It's a spiritual phenomenon. I posted a link .. I think it's on page 1 of this thread.

16. thedope

We live in the same world and if reality is recognizable to you why wouldn't it be recognizable to me?
    I didn't ask you to prove anything but my capacity for belief and now you challenge my capacity to know. Do you know why people hide, so they won't be discovered as being somehow dishonest.

And your ego is a false sense of self based on the idea that you are unique or separate from everyone else. If you want to be special then it won't be at the expense of my capacity to know.

In fact I enjoy talking to you.
    How have I insulted you or why do you take offense against me for what I am saying. You asked do you know who you truly are and I proceeded to give those dimensions. If I were to take position that you do, that somehow I am a special quality in the world then my ego or sense of identity would be vain as well. Nothing exists in isolation.

17. thedope

You confuse negation or denial with negativity. Negation is the affirmation of the true. The true being true, not false, this not that. Self denial is the improper use of denial. I can't negate you because the I am I call myself is the same I am you call yourself. If I can't know your capacities then you can't know mine, self can only be known by self and we are in possession of the same self the thing we call I am.

I didn't say they had ships, I said they had vessels of their own. I see your point but it is not significant. You can see an object and not know it's function and because you don't know it's function you can't place a name to it nor can you really determine it's proportions.
    Life only yields to more life, how you qualify it is up to you. What's with the negativity? Sounds like you may be afraid that it is you that casts the shadow.

18. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

I have to retrace the steps of the thread now..

I started by asking if people know who they truly are yet. I then said that I do know who I am .. but that it is unbelievable and incomprehensible (which is true). And ultimately, it's quite worthless. lol The only person who can really know what I'm saying is me.

The "know thyself" and "know who you truly are" thing has been a big part of my world for a long time. I started the thread for conversation .. not "to hear my gums flap".

I'm not sure why you feel challenged .. this isn't intended to be a debate.

I'm truthful to a damn-near criminal degree. If it was illegal to tell the truth.. my guilt could not be surpassed (but I'd love to see a competition and attempt to de-crown me). I'm pathologically truthful. And yes.. I'm aware that other people hide, and are masters of dishonesty.

It is no matter of vanity or ego. I'm not sure why you seem to think it's bad or wrong to be "special" (unique)?? EVERYBODY is unique. It's not a bad thing. It also is not wrong or bad to *claim* one's own identity (after all .. it IS their own). It's a good thing ...

*know who you truly are*

I just wonder where people are at. If they know yet. I think a lot of people still don't know yet who they truly are. I think lots of people are still sleeping...

19. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Gina..... can you tell us who you really are? I'm really not making fun or anything... but you can't make a thread like this and say it is incomprehensible, etc. and not say what you mean...

20. TAZER-69

TAZER-69 Listen To Your Heart! Lifetime Supporter

I thought I knew, then I second guessed myself so I looked at my drivers license and found out that I was right.

I do know who I truly am, even though this place makes me wonder sometimes.