Hemp Macrame Cuff

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by SluggishTwitch, Mar 2, 2014.

1. SluggishTwitch

SluggishTwitch Guest

Hey everyone! I'm new here, joined today to see if I could maybe get some answers?

I've got some pretty red hemp that I'm using to make a gorgeous cuff. The problem is, I want this to be stiff, not soft like it is now. I've found tons of places on the internet to make the hemp softer, but not one place to make it more stiff! Now, I have a crochet pattern for a cuff, and it says to spray starch on it to make it hold it's shape, but that's using cotton...Would the same work for hemp?

2. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

Spray starch should work just fine for hemp, I would think

3. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

melt some bees wax

Brush a small amount onto your hemp.... For any extra that wasn't soaked up right away quickly run a flame over your hemp and it will soak up the wax like a sponge,

Let cool and check the stiffness...... If you want more stiff apply another layer.

I have hemp necklaces that are as stiff as wood using this technique that have lasted for years and years.

And if you ever want to reshape your hemp cuff and make it look new agsin..... Just run a quick flame over it, the wax will melt and will be flexable until the wax hardens again

4. brightlikeme

brightlikeme Guest

What are Hemp Necklaces , never heard of them , I dont Know much about them