Would you forgive a Cheater?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Naiwen, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcme

mcme lurker

I can forgive them.
    But there's a difference between forgiving someone and letting them back into your life.

2. Alonso376

Alonso376 Members

Sometimes people make mistakes. It's how they take responsibility and move forward is more important.

3. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

Seventy seven times seven forgiveness

4. olderndirt

olderndirt Senior Member

Yes, I did, and life is good because I forgave her.

5. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

Cheating in an open relationship, I would have to admit cheating, with women who were off limits. and not telling her. I know she played with a few women in the same group, but claimed being with other women wasn't cheating. She didn't want to include friends or co-workers. We later relaxed those rules if we both agreed, I often wonder about her business trips, and would bet there are things, she didn;t tell me. It's that deal what you don't know won't hurt you.

6. Little Old Wine Drinker

Little Old Wine Drinker Senior Member

Yes, I did forgive my first partner. Later, she encouraged me to sleep with another woman who I had a crush on. It turned she couldn't handle it and didn't forgive me. She claimed she wouldn't have minded me just fucking someone else. What made her crazy jealous was that she thought that I was in love with the other woman and intended to leave her.

Issue has never arisen with my wife. It's taken her years to forgive a married friend who made a pass at her. She wasn't in the least flattered because she.knows he tries it on with every woman he meets.

I never told her that I'd had to turn down a similar invitation from the guy's wife. She says that she would not forgive me if I cheated. Despite that, she was open to the possibiliry of threesomes or swaps.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
  7. Biodome1980

Biodome1980 Guest

Back in high school, my gf cheated on me. She was away for a month before her senior year at a college-like experience. She fucked a guy there numerous times. I broke up with her once she got back. Then again, that was then. I don’t consider sex just for sex to be cheating any more. I’ve had sex with several men and several women that aren’t my wife. My wife has sex with other men. We both have agreed that if it’s just sex for the sake of sex, it’s not cheating.

8. Nemo_lover

Nemo_lover Members

Regardless to who the cheater is both partners might be at fault. I think that sincere and open communication is the key. Maybe we need to be more open to polyamorous relationship and not embrace too much monogamy.
    If my gf is cheating on me, then maybe I have been not offering what she needs or maybe her needs have changed. At the end, if I can address the issue then saving the relationship is worth it. If not, then there is a fundamental problem with the relationship. If on the other hand, she just needs a diverse variaty of lovers, then she should be open.
    Communication and understanding.

9. wifekaty

wifekaty Members

I'd forgive but the marriage would be over and done.

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Human relationships (as life in general) are much too complex for simple yes or no answers. My response would depend upon the nature of our relationship, and the nature of the "cheating". I'd be much more tolerant of a simple foray afield if we're both committed to what is otherwise a good, mutually nurturing relationship. Personally, I think lifetime monogamy is an unreasonably harsh expectation to lay upon each other.
    What would bother me the most isn't the sexual infidelity as much as the secrets and subterfuge; once we start being dishonest with each other (or ourselves), that can so easily spread to contaminate other areas of our lives.
    In a perfect world, it would be preferable if we could be more open and forthright with one another, but this isn't a perfect world, and we aren't perfect people. If anyone deserves a generous extra helping of reasonable doubt, forbearance, and a generosity of heart that seeks to believe in the best in someone, it's our lovers.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
    granite45 likes this.
  11. Justinsky

Justinsky Members

I think my Gf is cheating. She’s really has changed the last 6 months. She’s out with friends again tonight. New spot her words what do y’all think?

12. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

I think you should open a new thread and ask that question . You will get more responses that way and avoid sending this thread off topic

13. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

Yes new thread.

Captain Scarlet likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.